Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wristwatches,do you wear one ?

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
I have a couple of German Junkers wristwatches,
About to buy my son a U-Boat Dark Moon to congratulate him on completing his 5yr university level apprenticeship ( he's got very poor eyesight and the branding is appropriate ) ...
https://www.uboatwatch.com

Last edited:

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Two Longines. Presence dress watch (gift from my wife 35 years ago) and an Admiral from my late brother in law. But I now wear a fitbit most days to track steps and sleep.

I love those Longines though, always makes me feel very special..

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Breitling Colt Chrono. 22 years of daily wear.

050E71B7-7453-4508-9F20-8A4AFC97D67E.jpeg

I bought my first Breitling 22 years ago too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For the last 33 years I wear my engagement present from Mrs Wz almost all the time, on the rare occasion I don't, I wear the one I inherited from my stepfather

watch.jpg

Old skool :wink:

Seeing this thread still bouncing around, I went and dug out the other one
watch6.jpgwatch5.jpg

Think I might have to do some weight training if I'm going to wear it again :wink:

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Wife bought me a Breitling Navitimer Heritage for a birthday 15 years ago. Hardly wore it. Then I saw this in the local jewelers and did a trade. Its a SuperOcean Limited Edition (569/1000) Now wear this every day.
Watch.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I like wearing a watch. I have a Fitbit on one wrist, and had a nice Rotary on the other wrist until the strap a couple of months ago and it fell off my wrist somewhere. I do have a DKNY watch with a stainless steel bracelet which I wear - it is not the same, but better than nothing.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I always wear a watch.
This one, although the band isn't the titanium one anymore.
It's now wearing a cheapo silicone band because I ran over the watch with the same machine as in my second picture.
D66010E2-4610-4AC2-9705-9E2A3D485188.jpeg
E5404514-467B-4DF7-9F0C-F20A009521A6.jpeg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
IMG_20201007_131845.jpg
I like to think you can cover all bases with four watches. Nothing too expensive here that would warrant me having my wrists chopped off at the traffic lights. A friend who to be fair is an ex Chinook navigator regularly wears a £6k Breitling. These days I wouldn't risk it even if I had the money .

L- R Casio sports watch, Seiko Chronograph, Guess fashion watch, Emporio Armani Dress watch. In reality it's the Seiko and Casio that get worn the most and Casio has seen better days and needs replacing.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Why? or how did your watch end up on the ground for the machine to run over it?
Someone had to ask :D

I was fixing something on the machine and didn't notice a link come apart and the watch fall to the floor.
I then got into the machine and moved it, only to notice my bare wrist a few minutes later.
Retracing my "steps" I found it still on the concrete floor, watch body OK but the band was twisted and mullered.
No idea how the body survived if I drive over it, I must've only caught the band I reckon and a new titanium band from garmin is about £170 so the cheap one will do for now (ever).

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Collector here too. Absolutely never without a watch, change the one I'm wearing every day or even more than once a day, depending on activity. Feel undressed without one and think they're things of functional and aesthetic beauty. Don't wear any other kind of jewellery or adornment - it's just watches that have me.

Have about seven at the moment, another one due for delivery in July. Have promised the missus I'll stop at 12 when then watch display box is full...:blush:

Edit: Recommend www.watchcrunch.com if you're into watches. A place of troll-free watch geekery.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not been big on watches over the years and found that citizen quartz were pretty reliable, cheap and looked ok. However, when my mother in law died she left me a little money so I bought a watch as something to remember her by. OK, so I’m a Beatles fan…………
162DAA7B-24DE-4FEF-8E23-1C64F86FB51E.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here