Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wristwatches,do you wear one ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a lot smaller than a pilots watch. It's a copy of the Rolex Explorer (which went up Everest, and was worn by Bond)

I’d go for understated and less flashy rather than a copy. A minimalist sports or work watch rather than a status symbol which does exactly what a watch of that type should do. Each to their own :smile:

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
7C42727A-3CC1-45DF-A84B-FD4E0AE21105.jpeg

My third Breitling, purchased recently.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yes I have a nice looking Nautica which I bought in a market in Turkey 10 years ago still looks good and works. I have another for sports rough free from E bay as the innards fell out (Chinese crap) and they said I could keep it! Time works well, date and day well out but I live in Wales so that doesn't matter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’d go for understated and less flashy rather than a copy.
It's a copy. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's basically made by the same company. But I don't think it's less flashy that the original, which was also fairly minimalist. The original also wasn't a status symbol. And it's not like a Tudor is super cheap - if you really wanted a none flashy sports watch, I don't think you'd have a Tudor.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes still wearing one, nothing fancy as I believe an expensive watch is just an advertisement to mug the owner.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a copy. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's basically made by the same company. But I don't think it's less flashy that the original, which was also fairly minimalist. The original also wasn't a status symbol. And it's not like a Tudor is super cheap - if you really wanted a none flashy sports watch, I don't think you'd have a Tudor.

EVERY Rolex is a status symbol these days and everyone knows a Rolex is exactly that however fabulous it might be. I’d suggest non watch aficionados didn’t have a clue about Tudor four years ago, it’s had big publicity and advertising since then. Not sure the Ranger is anything but a Sports watch, certainly not a status symbol. I like that

For the reasons above I will never own a Rolex but I accept that they are among the best. I just don’t want to be seen wearing one :smile:

I’ve also got a1947 Tudor with a Rolex logo, I guess it’s been refurbed though, I don’t think Tudor have ever been made with anything but a shield/rose logo 2562831C-CE09-4348-81C0-4D23FF515301.jpeg

It’s so small by today’s standards but I love it

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Everyone in Newhaven looks at the watch you are wearing…….to see if it’s worth stealing :)

I've got one that looks like that. £4.99 in Gloucester indoor market - the watches are brilliant, never lose a minute. The straps fall apart after a year or three - cheapest option is to buy a new watch!

As an aside, anybody remember when it was cool to wear your watch on the inside of your wrist instead of its normal position? Around 1965 I reckon .....................

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've got one that looks like that. £4.99 in Gloucester indoor market - the watches are brilliant, never lose a minute. The straps fall apart after a year or three - cheapest option is to buy a new watch!

As an aside, anybody remember when it was cool to wear your watch on the inside of your wrist instead of its normal position? Around 1965 I reckon .....................

I wear mine quite loose and it often ends up on the inside of my wrist

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20220416_133420.JPG
_20220416_133453.JPG
_20220416_133513.JPG

Omega Seamaster - My every day watch outside of work.
Swatch Irony - I've had this for 30 years, needs a new battery.
Dododeer - Wooden watch, not worn it for a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here