Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you trade points for poyet?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Poyet makes mistakes but considering he is fairly new at management, I am sure he will learn from them. Thing is, do we want to keep changing managers like at Forest, Birmingham, Chelsea etc? What are they gaining from it? Poyet isn't doing a lot wrong and personally I think it is better to stick with a manager long term and we will reap the benefits eventually, Man Utd certainly did with Fergie. We good get a new manager in, who plays completely different football, we would then have to get rid of half our players as they wouldn't be great at hoofball (note half of them would be :wink:). So, it wouldn't necessarily be an overnight success changing the manager.

6 points, no chance.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Poyet makes mistakes but considering he is fairly new at management, I am sure he will learn from them. Thing is, do we want to keep changing managers like at Forest, Birmingham, Chelsea etc? What are they gaining from it? Poyet isn't doing a lot wrong and personally I think it is better to stick with a manager long term and we will reap the benefits eventually, Man Utd certainly did with Fergie. We good get a new manager in, who plays completely different football, we would then have to get rid of half our players as they wouldn't be great at hoofball (note half of them would be :wink:). So, it wouldn't necessarily be an overnight success changing the manager.

6 points, no chance.

If I heard it correctly 50 of the 92 clubs hav changed manager since end of last season ...was a comment on radio last night

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Then surely it's not 'This' as your comment is at odds with the post

There is nothing mildly entertaining about walking pace football. But yes, I guess it depends upon one's view of "pretty" football. I am in total agreement with winning being the most important thing. I would much rather be like Stoke in the Premiership than us going nowhere any time soon.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There is nothing mildly entertaining about walking pace football. But yes, I guess it depends upon one's view of "pretty" football. I am in total agreement with winning being the most important thing. I would much rather be like Stoke in the Premiership than us going nowhere any time soon.

An I'm sure if you were Stoke you'd be saying you'd rather be like Barcelona and in the championship.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Poyet is still learning and experimenting by the looks of things.
Even though when he seems to be stumbling on a formula he somehow does not see it.
It is annoying the way he pimps himself after one good result and then always seems to crash back to earth with the following results.
Possibly the Championship may just be his level, I hope not, but at present it sure looks like it.
Not altogether happy with the internal disciplinary procedures, a bit like the Kevin Keegan approach; 'You naughty boy, now don't do it again, well not often anyway'.
I think if we do not get a whiff of promotion in the next season, 2013-2014, his days will be numbered.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Fair enough,,to be honest I once thought like that about things. I always thought England would win something in my lifetime as well.

Since I started supporting the Albion in the mid-80's we have never had sustained improvement such that we've experienced over the past three and a half seasons . Obviously you're welcome to your opinion but you have spread it over five or six threads on the matter. Maybe you're just having a laugh.

I've given up on England too, BTW

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This. I assume you have made a serious post given the lack of capitals?

If you play not to lose it means starting off on the back foot so when a team like Birmingham earlier this season scores we are f***ed as we don't have the attacking pace to 'get at' teams when it is stuffed full of defensive midfielders and by the time Poyet has changed things it is too late. This is probably why we find it so difficult to come from behind to win as we are not set up that way. If we went at teams from the start and got an early goal then it is their game plan that is f***ed and they have to change things, but we never set our team out to do that at home.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
no i wouldn't.........but if we don't start stretching the net a bit more often i will be wondering what the f*** he is up to..........way too defensive and the team is too ponderous in attack....

possession = nil point. would be happy to get a play off spot this season but not expecting it tbh........two or three pwoppa naughty signings next year......and we will be up there.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I love the way you say you "want to be entertained" whilst agreeing with someone about "winning ugly". You're arguing with yourself.

Why is that, I guess it is the concept of "ugly football"? To me, I am happy to watch route 1 all day, it is open and attacking, and yes, entertaining with the amount of goal chances it creates. Look at Wednesay, they murdered us with it, as our girls were too scared (Calderon and DibDab excepted) were too scared to challenge them physically.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If the morons on here actually got their wish and saw Poyet sacked tonight, this club would instantly become a laughing stock amongst fans and media. A LAUGHING stock. Who do you think we are ??

Poyet is widely acknowledged as being one of the brightest and most progressive young managers in the game. He sets his team up to play a patient passing game which took L1 by storm, and has propelled us from the arse-end of the division below, to the top half of the Championship in a little over 3 years. There are many, many clubs who would jump at the chance of employing Gus's services. He's a world famous name who players WANT to come and play for, and our style of football has drawn plaudits from neutrals and the media alike.

Does he get everything right ? Of course not, he's still an inexperienced manager cutting his teeth at his first job. But its only the impatient DILBERTS on here who think that contending for a Playoff spot is some kind of failure. This is a tough league, with some big clubs, who have been at this level and above for far longer than us and have some serious spending power. We're not paupers in this division by any means, but neither are we the "billy big-bollocks" club who, according to some, should be romping the thing.

I think some of you TOOLS would honestly prefer a revolving door of managers, like at Forest and Blackburn, where Tony hires and fires NOT on the basis of a long-term project, but on a run of form during any given couple of months in the season. "My god, its February. We're only EIGHTH and we just got beat at Sheffield Wednesday. Cheers Gus old son, but its not working is it".

Grow up for fucks sake.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

6 points, no chance.

Chelsea haven't done too badly. Several Premierships, several FA Cups and a European Champions League.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The summer will be interesting, if we do not make the play offs and finish 7th 8th or 9th will that be enough for a lot of people on here. Will it be enough for TB. I think Gus is doing a good job, however I do not think he will be here beyond summer and then the going will get tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here