Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you trade points for poyet?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
This question is abstract in the extreme. However, I'd gladly see him walk. I'd actually give points (not too many, because the new manager would be in a relegation fight). Tactically Poyet is Uruguay's answer to Frank Spencer. I'm seen us humiliated by too many mediocre sides, although granted we did thrash Barnsley reserves and beat possibly the weakest team that Newcastle have fielded for the past 50 years. .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I love these threads. For the majority of posts, you can tell which ones are anti Poyet and which ones are pro Poyet without actually taking the content in. Generally, the ones that use punctuation, correct grammar and aren't littered with spelling mistakes are pro Poyet, and the ones that don't are anti. It's a little game you can play, glance at a post without reading it properly and see if you can guess whether it is pro or anti Gus. I reckon I get it right 90% of the time.

I'm just glad we don't have an illiterate, unintelligent moron as a Chairman or Gus would be managing somewhere else by now and we'd have Mick McCarthy or some other 'proper English manager' in charge in a desperate attempt to hoof our way to the Premier League.

I love these threads. For the majority of posts, you can tell which ones are anti Poyet and which ones are pro Poyet without actually taking the content in. Generally, the ones that use punctuation, correct grammar and aren't littered with spelling mistakes are pro Poyet, and the ones that don't are anti. It's a little game you can play, glance at a post without reading it properly and see if you can guess whether it is pro or anti Gus. I reckon I get it right 90% of the time.

I'm just glad we don't have an illiterate, unintelligent moron as a Chairman or Gus would be managing somewhere else by now and we'd have Mick McCarthy or some other 'proper English manager' in charge in a desperate attempt to hoof our way to the Premier League.

I'll put ya down for 10 points then????

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes in a heartbeat. I love this long term plan stuff, is part of the plan to spend a fortune and actually get worse, before we take the division by storm???. Shrewd, very shrewd.

You're getting very tiresome. He hasn't spent a fortune by championship standards, his buys have largely been excellent, we have been getting better and better and eventually we will take this division by storm

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

So are we to conclude that most of the anti-Poyet folk adopt that stance because they are too thick to do otherwise? I'm not sure that is entirely fair. :rolleyes:

So are we to conclude that most of the anti-Poyet folk adopt that stance because they are too thick to do otherwise? I'm not sure that is entirely fair. :rolleyes:

Correct all that disagree with the master race are inferior humans,the blooming lot of them:facepalm:

Pointless thread started by a bellend
GREAT CONTRIBUTION FROM A WONDERFUL PERSON:thumbsup:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Haha! This is SPOT ON. You will notice a similar trend on the "political" (used in the loosest possible sense of the word) threads. WITHOUT FAIL, all the racist/bigoted posts are unreadable and illiterate.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Correct all that disagree with the master race are inferior humans,the blooming lot of them:facepalm:

Life would be far less colourful and interesting if we agreed with each other all of the time.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Haha! This is SPOT ON. You will notice a similar trend on the "political" (used in the loosest possible sense of the word) threads. WITHOUT FAIL, all the racist/bigoted posts are unreadable and illiterate.

But, interestingly, many of the so called unreadable posts still attract replies. No doubt this is part of a concerted attempt by the intelligentsia of NSC to educate the masses. :thumbsup: Long may such worthy practices continue.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You're getting very tiresome. He hasn't spent a fortune by championship standards, his buys have largely been excellent, we have been getting better and better and eventually we will take this division by storm

Fair enough,,to be honest I once thought like that about things. I always thought England would win something in my lifetime as well.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Fair enough,,to be honest I once thought like that about things. I always thought England would win something in my lifetime as well.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Really, so do you go for the latin type? lol

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

'Most' is the key word there. There are others, like your good self, who are clearly not thick, but just seem to have a negative outlook on everything.

Pointless thread started by a bellend
GREAT CONTRIBUTION FROM A WONDERFUL PERSON:thumbsup:

Yes. This is a good example.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Would rather win ugly than lose or draw playing pretty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here