Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you tolerate Zouma being picked if he was our player?

Assuming you are an animal lover would you make your disappointment known or even boo him?

• Yes

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 141 64.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
the decision by the individual to kick the cat was appalling.

the decision by the individual to upload the video was mind blowingly stupid

the decision by the club to field the player on the same day that said video went public is both appalling and mind blowingly stupid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------the end --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would not want him anywhere near our team and would boycott any matches. The thread title and poll are confusing

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Supposedly they booed him (didn't watch the match, just saw it mentioned online).

Listening to debate on it on Nicky Campbell show on R5Live this morning. Pretty much all contributers slamming Zouma and West Ham decision to play him before investigation complete, though one female West Ham fan who was really upset, suggested their were elements of their fans who cheered him and were singing....

"He'll kick what he wants, he'll kick what he wants, Kurt Zouma, he'll kick what he wants"

I watched Newcastle/Everton, but if you listen to the R5L show on iPlayer it's interesting.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought David Moyes' response "I picked him for footballing reasons" was piss poor.

Zouma is guilty of animal cruelty. Anyone with eyes can see that. Starting him vs Watford shows that West Ham don't think that is important.

I'd like to think that had he been an Albion player the club hierarchy would have insisted he be pulled from the matchday squad, then disciplined him, then once it was shown he'd been punished he'd be back in the squad.

Bottom line - the Premier League needs to sort this shit out with a common set of standards.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You continue to struggle. At no point have I even remotely suggested people can't be upset by animal cruelty - I am calling for a sense of perspective.

There are people who become incensed by this sort of behaviour, yet actively decide to vote for policies that slash help for the most vulnerable in society. I pointed out that social services are on their knees, school meals were removed over the holidays for kids on the poverty line, universal credit has been slashed by £20 a week, there are severely disabled people who now can't even afford to charge their mobility units, and yet some idiot mistreats a CAT and there are people calling for his career to end and for the police to get involved. It is absurd.

I agree with your broader point bit I'm not sure it's relevant. Are you going to post stuff about the problems with our welfare system on threads complaining about our failure to sign a striker or the next time VAR or a ref pisses us off?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I voted 'not sure' because, to a large degree it depends upon the level of contrition, attempts to change his (and others') behaviour - i.e. what he does from here.

I assume everyone unconditionally piling in about this avoids the cheap, low-welfare meat on sale, or is vegetarian/vegan?

If you think the treatment of Zouma's cat is bad, you won't want to know the disgusting conditions battery chickens and intensively farmed pigs are kept in. Still, it's easy to rant on the internet or boo from the stands and harder to pay for the higher-welfare meat (or reduce your meat consumption to afford it now and then if that's not feasible financially), or go vegetarian.
It's a particularly uncomfortable truth for dog and cat owners that the meat used for fido or tiddles' food is not going to have come from high-welfare sources.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I thought David Moyes' response "I picked him for footballing reasons" was piss poor.

Zouma is guilty of animal cruelty. Anyone with eyes can see that. Starting him vs Watford shows that West Ham don't think that is important.

I'd like to think that had he been an Albion player the club hierarchy would have insisted he be pulled from the matchday squad, then disciplined him, then once it was shown he'd been punished he'd be back in the squad.

Bottom line - the Premier League needs to sort this shit out with a common set of standards.

"Footballing reasons" or " it's a football decision"..... Seems to be the one size fits all answer to everything that's wrong or questionable..... Saudi human rights, journo murder.... Here for footballing reasons

Animal cruelty that is almost certainly a criminal offense..... "He's one of my better players and it was a football decision.

If Zouma wasnt "one of my better players" or if Zouma drop kicked a 1 year old child rather than a cat, is it still a football decision?

Would child cruelty be ok to play as football decision, just animal cruelty that gets the free pass?

Seriously, does the quality of player or the target of abuse alter whether it's a merely a football decision or warrants more?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with your broader point bit I'm not sure it's relevant. Are you going to post stuff about the problems with our welfare system on threads complaining about our failure to sign a striker or the next time VAR or a ref pisses us off?
My broader point is that it annoys me seeing people getting upset about the mistreatment of a cat when ultimately they are not interested in doing something about human suffering.

With that in mind, why on earth would I post stuff about our failure to sign a striker?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Given the massively conflicting thread title and poll question, I reckon this is the worst NSC poll of all time. Congrats!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This, basically.

There's nothing pleasant about what Zouma has done, but it does annoy me that people take such great offence to animal cruelty yet won't pay a couple of pence in the pound extra in income tax to ensure the children of this country are properly fed and social services are adequately funded.

So if I (hypothetically as its not my style) smash your balls with a sledgehammer, you wouldnt be offended because the rack is surely still used in some nasty Afghan cave or something.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So if I (hypothetically as its not my style) smash your balls with a sledgehammer, you wouldnt be offended because the rack is surely still used in some nasty Afghan cave or something.

Worst Whataboutery ever on one of the worst ever polls on NSC.

Some thread this.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This, basically.

There's nothing pleasant about what Zouma has done, but it does annoy me that people take such great offence to animal cruelty yet won't pay a couple of pence in the pound extra in income tax to ensure the children of this country are properly fed and social services are adequately funded.

You are a special kind of naïve if you think that extra couple of pence would be used in such a manner by this government lmao

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are a special kind of naïve if you think that extra couple of pence would be used in such a manner by this government lmao
This government, no. But plenty of better governments would spend it appropriately I'm sure of it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bugger - voted the wrong way.

Cat kicker OUT.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Wow, big enough and tough enough to take on an elite athlete and win. And animals are on a par with humans in your world.

I think you are spouting claptrap.

Yes, the guy is an arse, but try not to be so easily offended, there are things in life that are immeasurably nastier than that video on YouTube.

In your opinion.
My beliefs differ to yours, no biggy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here