Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you tolerate Zouma being picked if he was our player?

Assuming you are an animal lover would you make your disappointment known or even boo him?

• Yes

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 141 64.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Very clever to make the poll question the polar opposite of the question in the thread title. Caught me and presumably others. Done to slant the results to show that we would tolerate a BHA player behaving in the same way as the **** Zouma.

Clever but totally disingenuous. Just wasting everybody's time really.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Very clever to make the poll question the polar opposite of the question in the thread title. Caught me and presumably others. Done to slant the results to show that we would tolerate a BHA player behaving in the same way as the **** Zouma.

Clever but totally disingenuous. Just wasting everybody's time really.

Well, no actually. It was an honest mistake. Personally I would be very disappointed if he remained at my club and I would join in any chants/boo's against him.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When you consider the mass cruelty in factory farming across these lands I'm not gonna get too hung up on this...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'd put them on par with both of the above. And yes, hatred, I'd kick the **** out of him if I saw him.
What's your point?

Wow, big enough and tough enough to take on an elite athlete and win. And animals are on a par with humans in your world.

I think you are spouting claptrap.

Yes, the guy is an arse, but try not to be so easily offended, there are things in life that are immeasurably nastier than that video on YouTube.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wow, big enough and tough enough to take on an elite athlete and win. And animals are on a par with humans in your world.

Yes, the guy is an arse, but try not to be so easily offended, there are things in life that are immeasurably nastier than that video on YouTube.
This, basically.

There's nothing pleasant about what Zouma has done, but it does annoy me that people take such great offence to animal cruelty yet won't pay a couple of pence in the pound extra in income tax to ensure the children of this country are properly fed and social services are adequately funded.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
This, basically.

There's nothing pleasant about what Zouma has done, but it does annoy me that people take such great offence to animal cruelty yet won't pay a couple of pence in the pound extra in income tax to ensure the children of this country are properly fed and social services are adequately funded.

I think that's more the tory decision than the public one.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The thread title was a balls up so I gave a yes.

If that was a player I would want them sold or removed from playing until an investigation was completed.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

But a big enough issue to be the headline of Britain's biggest selling newspaper?

You don't understand the love as a nation we have for cats and dogs, along with other animals.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This, basically.

Pet animals learn to trust and depend on you, if you came home and for no reason the wife kicked you in the balls and smashed a frying pan round your nut and then gave a weak grovelling apology, would you trust her again?

Pets are a big commitment they aren’t toys.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pet animals learn to trust and depend on you, if you came home and for no reason the wife kicked you in the balls and smashed a frying pan round your nut and then gave a weak grovelling apology, would you trust her again?

Pets are a big commitment they aren’t toys.
You talk as if I'm unaware of these blindingly obvious facts. I have a cat. I also have 3 kids.

Do you want me to lecture you about the importance of looking after the most vulnerable people in society?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You talk as if I'm unaware of these blindingly obvious facts. I have a cat. I also have 3 kids.

Do you want me to lecture you about the importance of looking after the most vulnerable people in society?
I’m not the one that can’t understand why people get upset by animal cruelty:shrug:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The argument about farming is always going to come up by people playing devils advocate for the sake of it, what Zouma did is hideous and deserves severe punishment.

Farming issues are a whole different problem and whilst I agree, lots of people don’t have the luxury of being able to afford responsibly sourced organic wild produce. Something should be done about that but that changes nothing and doesn’t make people hypocrites for being angry at such a needless act.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What a shit poll. I voted ‘no’ as I was answering the question in the thread title. Turns out I have voted the opposite way.

Zouma’s actions and West Ham’s response are just another nail in the coffin that contains my interest in the Premier League.

Same here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m not the one that can’t understand why people get upset by animal cruelty:shrug:
You continue to struggle. At no point have I even remotely suggested people can't be upset by animal cruelty - I am calling for a sense of perspective.

There are people who become incensed by this sort of behaviour, yet actively decide to vote for policies that slash help for the most vulnerable in society. I pointed out that social services are on their knees, school meals were removed over the holidays for kids on the poverty line, universal credit has been slashed by £20 a week, there are severely disabled people who now can't even afford to charge their mobility units, and yet some idiot mistreats a CAT and there are people calling for his career to end and for the police to get involved. It is absurd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here