Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a one goal defeat at Roma?

Would you take a one goal defeat at Roma?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No. I mean I will if I have to, it ain't the end of the dream, but I want to win.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Part of me thinks a 1 goal loss would be better than a 1-0 win. A team that approaches the second leg knowing they have to win come in hungry and put more effort. A team defending a lead will sit back, and then when they concede have to change their approach and struggle to take back momentum and end up losing overall. And coming back from 1 goal down isn't too much of a mountain.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
We will win 1-3

I mentioned on another thread that in all but one game under RDZ (6-1 Villa defeat) we have followed a loss where we've conceded 3 or more goals with a convincing victory.

8 of the 9 Games where we've conceded 3 or more goals we have followed up with a win, more often convincingly.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I think our better chance of a result is away, so no.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Definitely want to see us attack early - strongest possible first half forwards👊

1-0 and they defend deep and that has been fatal for us recently.

No good bringing Enciso on in the second half if we are 1-0 down and they are choking the penalty area. Start strong

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think this is the game where Danny will be magnificent without a single shot on goal. Goodnight, Adingra and Ansu will be frightening :ascarf:

Less frightening than Solly, Joao and Karou, bit frightening enough :thumbsup:

Seagull Stew

I suppose I would, especially if it was 3-2 or something, this proving we could actually score in the home leg. I'd be less confident if this finished 1-0 tomorrow.
Are away goals still counting?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Don't know.

Let me think about it ............................ no, don't know!
You really couldn't have summed up my feelings better. Our form v our potential means I have got no idea. Lucky I ain't the manager... My heads gone. 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here