Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you opt out completely if you could?

Would you opt out of all reduced capacity/socially distanced fixtures if you could?

• Yes, I'd opt out

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • No, I wouldn't opt out

Votes: 107 51.9%

• Total voters

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Personally will do my all to be at every game, but won’t judge the lesser fans who have even considered not going as an option...

More seriously, my Dad is 72 soon and he doesn’t want to risk going, so I think an opt out for those who aren’t comfortable should be done.

Gonna reiterate again, if you want to go to every game, I guarantee you will be able to - happy to prove it if anyone doubts this. A challenge would be accepted if anyone doesn’t believe me... But as always, the forum etc was full of people talking about if they get 1 in 4 games etc - just learn to use the exchange and have the patience to check back every half hour if you really want to go...

What do you mean by 'lesser fans'?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don't understand why they are complicating it with the price band thing. Surely you should just be able to opt out of six matches whatever.

Guessing it is money as everyone will miss the C band matches and want to go to the A band matches. Only mentioned that as if the system can handle that OK then it definitely can handle missing every ballot as missing them all is a lot simpler.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Maybe yes, but the club have got to balance finances with fairness to the fans.

That is a fair comment but players wages are still being paid in full and they are highly likely to make some signings worth millions of pounds. By comparison the match day revenue is relatively small.

Shouldn't they look at that before making a decision that doesn't allow someone to opt out? It doesn't sit well with me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't understand why they are complicating it with the price band thing. Surely you should just be able to opt out of six matches whatever.

I don't think it takes much thought. There would be more opt outs of games against the small unglamorous clubs such as Burnley, West Brom and Leeds than against Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Given the uncertainty as to how many people will want to attend, as this poll seems to be illustrating, demand needs to be "managed".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think it takes much thought. There would be more opt outs of games against the small unglamorous clubs such as Burnley, West Brom and Leeds than against Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Given the uncertainty as to how many people will want to attend, as this poll seems to be illustrating, demand needs to be "managed".

Not the case unfortunately. You’re allowed 2 opt outs per price category.

Edit - I think you were saying that - ignore me If that’s the case

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Mrs W and I live 130 miles away. She has been cared for at Papworth Hospital for the last 7 years with a severe lung condition, which has been treated with oral chemotherapy for the last 6 years. As a result her immune system is severely suppressed, and she is genuinely at permanent risk. She is also a lifelong diabetic. I am the season ticket holder, but after 6 months of extreme shielding and seclusion I would not take the slightest risk with her life. Public transport makes it a 10 hour round trip match day for me. There is no way I will attend any game, much as I would love to for myself. I would dearly love to be able to grant my STH rights for ‘one season only’ to someone at or near the top of the ST waiting list who would love the chance to witness the magic. But it seems this is not an option, because my own health is OK.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Personally, no - but it should be an option.

I would have thought that at the very least the club should extend to people who live with others who are on the 'clinically extremely vulnerable' list. Seems daft to say "yes, we see your wife is officially recognised as extremely vulnerable - but you're not, so no opting-out".

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Mrs W and I live 130 miles away. She has been cared for at Papworth Hospital for the last 7 years with a severe lung condition, which has been treated with oral chemotherapy for the last 6 years. As a result her immune system is severely suppressed, and she is genuinely at permanent risk. She is also a lifelong diabetic. I am the season ticket holder, but after 6 months of extreme shielding and seclusion I would not take the slightest risk with her life. Public transport makes it a 10 hour round trip match day for me. There is no way I will attend any game, much as I would love to for myself. I would dearly love to be able to grant my STH rights for ‘one season only’ to someone at or near the top of the ST waiting list who would love the chance to witness the magic. But it seems this is not an option, because my own health is OK.

The club needs to see such messages as the one above.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would on health protection grounds

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’m very COVID cautious - but I’m also craving the opportunity to do something even vaguely enjoyable. If it’s set up as carefully as they’re planning, I feel it’ll probably be about as risky as going to the supermarket. We’d probably cycle to avoid the public transport, as trains would worry me more than the match itself.

So, no, I wouldn’t want to opt out completely unless I found the experience unsafe.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not remotely bothered about COVID. It’s the organisation for me.

Simply not knowing when you can go messes up any forward planning I may want to make.

I usually plan weekends around when Albion are playing at home and without a guarantee of being able to go it makes this very hard - especially as the ballots will be a lottery. My son comes with me which makes it doubly hard as he has his own commitments.

I’ll stay in and just sell on the exchange if I’m lucky enough to get a ticket and can’t go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure if I am in the vulnerable category or not, age 78. Do you have Paul Barber's e-mail address,
Thanks.

Anyone over the age of 65 is high risk I think.

You need to look at government advice, not Paul Barber

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've quickly read the club email but didn't fully understand it. If I'm right and I will be handed a seat in a block at random then I'm out. Part of the match day experience for me is meeting fellow fans in the ground for a pint. I've no idea who they are but it's the same 10 guys and it's my day out. To sit alone would not be for me. I'm out until I can celebrate a goal in the correct way.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Having lost my dad to Covid i won't be doing anything that will increase the risk of people i know catching it via me going out to footie etc. Once a vaccine is created and available then i'll rethink but its a no from me.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I have paid in advance for my season ticket so if I opted out the club keeps my money and would presumably roll the ticket over to next season. Getting close to 80 years of age I think opting out for me might be the wise thing to do, not so much for me but I would hate to give the bug to my wife who is in her mid 70,s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here