Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you opt out completely if you could?

Would you opt out of all reduced capacity/socially distanced fixtures if you could?

• Yes, I'd opt out

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • No, I wouldn't opt out

Votes: 107 51.9%

• Total voters

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Sorry I was referring to the fan who said he lived with a wife in the very vunerable group i.e. someone who had a must shield letter. In general the older the worse if you get it but there are only be extra cautious guidelines for over 70s.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yes. Both my father and the wife’s mother are on the vulnerable list so until a vaccine comes I won’t be doing anything to jeopardise being able to see them and therefore football has to go.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I will not go if face masks have to be worn. I only have an old mobile phone which I believe does not have the capability of having tracing app. If I was able to get refund I would jump at the offer.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Did Barber say we can’t sing or shout?

I’d be hoping that 9K keen and motivated fans can make a better atmosphere in The Amex than the normal crowd does.

Best of luck with that, probably be 6K to start with, all spread out, be like pissing in the ocean, 30K wasn't exactly ear bursting at times. :shrug:

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
No, I’ll be going if I can. It’ll be like going to a league cup match. With better players.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Imo the club should offer an opt out to all, without prejudice. If they're concerned about loss of revenue then I for one would be happy for the club to sell Ben White to cover those losses.....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I want to see as many games as I can, however I believe the club should be more flexible on allowing anyone who wants to opt out for the season to do so.
There will be many valid reasons why people may wish to do so, they are shielding, someone in their household is shielding, underlying medical conditions which are just below the government threshold but sensibly the person doesn't want to exposure themselves to undue risk......

Also don't overlook that we are yet to see the additional T&Cs that need to be agreed to, and depending on what they are, some people may object to signing these.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would like to park my season ticket for a whole season.

Not fussed about a refund of the direct debits already paid, but I would like to keep the same seat with the people I know next season.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I’ve missed too many games due to COVID-19 and the one thing it has taught us all, is that life is short. I’m in a risk category but I don’t care, I’m going to as many games as they’ll let me!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all, myself and Jnr will be going to as many games as allowed.

As said on the specific thread I'd love a 'car and ride' facility at somewhere like Mithras House.
Which is located on Sussex' premium cycle path and takes you directly to the AMEX.

No trains/buses would make the whole day as near perfect as possible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If it was just up to me I wouldn't bother all season.

It looks like my boy is dead set on applying though so I'll go with / for him.

It'll be shit.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Won't go on the principle of having to use the track and trace system. End of. Too much like 1984 for me. And I'm not a consipiracy theory adherant, I just object to being tracked all the time (yea i know Google do yadda yadda yadda) but the line has to be drawn somewhere and the Govt tracking my movements is a big no no. And its the same for any vaccine rushed through, the fastest any safe vaccine was psuhed through was Mumps and that was 4 years, not 6 months.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A few years ago I mentioned on here that I didn't like the fact that loyalty points became tied to consecutive seasons. I missed Hughton's first full season in charge due to being out of a job when renewal time came around. It had been the first season I hadn't had a ST since the early Withdean years when I was 5/6 years old, however, I still made about 20 games that season including a fair few away games due to my work situation picking up, and in the end, I was able to grab a season ticket again only a few seats away from my original one when the option became available. So when we reached the Premier League and the consecutive seasons resulting in more loyalty points system started to be used I felt pretty hard done by. When I posted about it on here the response from a fair few people was tough shit, the system is fine. My belief at the time was the system being used was basically to pressure people into keeping their season ticket, no matter what the scenario was in their personal life.

"Sure, you can give up your season ticket because you've lost your job. But it would be a shame if we got to the FA Cup final in a few years time and you were bottom of the list."
"Yeah, of course you can give your sons season ticket up whilst he's off travelling for a year, but I hope you plan on never sitting with him at any local away games again."

I think the club not letting people opt-out for a year kind of confirms the fears I had and will sadly put a lot of other people in a similar situation to the one I found myself in. Losing your season ticket and having to join the waiting list in a years time isn't enough of a punishment (obviously) so if you have a medical condition and don't feel safe attending football matches for the foreseeable future then wave goodbye to the top away games and be prepared to sweat over getting tickets for any future trips to Wembley. At the very least you'll have to convince your friends or family to wait until the dregs are left, and if we get to a final with an even more reduced allocation than the 35k we got for the semi-final then you probably aren't going to go.

I understand why the club do it, but it's incredibly shitty. I just hope the people who told me the system was fine don't find themselves in the same situation.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm not entirely sure I agree with this line...

"Fans will automatically be entered into EVERY match ballot, and each match will be subject to a fresh ballot (eg – if you are successful in one, you are NOT ruled out of the next)."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unless you are totally against going I dont see why you want a total opt out. You can opt out of 6 anyway and then sell rest on the exchage if you want

True. But the ticket(s) might not sell then the ST holder loses out financially.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Won't go on the principle of having to use the track and trace system. End of. Too much like 1984 for me. And I'm not a consipiracy theory adherant, I just object to being tracked all the time (yea i know Google do yadda yadda yadda) but the line has to be drawn somewhere and the Govt tracking my movements is a big no no. And its the same for any vaccine rushed through, the fastest any safe vaccine was psuhed through was Mumps and that was 4 years, not 6 months.

I'm not keen on using the app either, though for different reasons. The new app is now based on the Apple/Google models I believe and less centralised than the government's original plan. The trouble is, even their version is apparently not yet as accurate as it should be. So it may tell you you've been in close contact with someone who actually wasn't that close at all. For the self-employed, like me, this is a major issue as I simply can't afford to cancel 2 weeks work every time the app gives a false reading. I've lost several months' money already this year. The total of about £500 Sunak coughed up didn't really help very much.

Currently the app would put me off more than anything else but I imagine it might be a government imposed condition that football has to follow.

With regards to the vaccine, totally disagree. Unless you're in Russia, safety is still at the heart of the process. It's going through all the checks but quicker, because it's a huge international effort. If an effective vaccine is found, opting out is dangerous for everyone. Herd immunity and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here