• Yes - we can't let the evil f*ckers win

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • No - it's just not worth the risk

Votes: 97 75.8%

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why go anywhere? Countless non-Muslim countries far more dangerous than Tunisia and other North African countries, yet British tourists flock there. Thailand for example.

As for your second paragraph, utter madness. You think furthering a divide with the Arab world and its people will be useful in some way? Beggars belief, we need greater solidarity, not less, with that part of the world. Why on earth do you believe the likes of UAE should take responsibility for the actions of a rogue terrorist in Tunisia anyway?!

"Greater solidarity" ?
Since the Tunisia killing of Brits have you read or heard anything from the Muslim community over here? Any condemnation from any Muslim MP, or any leading figure, Iman etc. How about the outspoken Baroness Warsi?....solidarity, the silence is deafening.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why go anywhere? Countless non-Muslim countries far more dangerous than Tunisia and other North African countries, yet British tourists flock there. Thailand for example.

As for your second paragraph, utter madness. You think furthering a divide with the Arab world and its people will be useful in some way? Beggars belief, we need greater solidarity, not less, with that part of the world. Why on earth do you believe the likes of UAE should take responsibility for the actions of a rogue terrorist in Tunisia anyway?!

"Greater solidarity" ?
Since the Tunisia killing of Brits have you read or heard anything from the Muslim community over here? Any condemnation from any Muslim MP, or any leading figure, Iman etc. How about the outspoken Baroness Warsi?....solidarity, the silence is deafening.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Utter tragedy that one c*nt with a gun and an agenda can wipe out an entire country's tourist industry in half an hour. But there you go. Morocco or Egypt up next/again. Don't even go there.

And Dubai is a major atrocity waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Utter tragedy that one c*nt with a gun and an agenda can wipe out an entire country's tourist industry in half an hour. But there you go. Morocco or Egypt up next/again. Don't even go there.

And Dubai is a major atrocity waiting to happen.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Have you even bothered to look? You won't find anything in the Daily Mail, I'm afraid.

As for Baroness Warsi - she has a Twitter account, maybe have a look there https://twitter.com/sayeedawarsi

Equally, Islamic Scholars are doing exactly what you are suggesting - and here too

Muslims only account for less than 5% of Britain, they are a tiny minority group - you've already made your mind up about them and it's extremely unfair, the actions of terrorists 2,000 miles away has nothing to do with them.

I'm confident that if you can think of any other prominent British-Muslims with a Twitter account, you will find the same condemnation - but of course, you'll still not be satisfied.

"Satisfied"?. I would have been "satisfied" if you had at least had the decency to wait until the bodies were identified before posting about quote "You think furthering a divide with the Arab world and its people will be useful in some way? Beggars belief, we need greater solidarity, not less, with that part of the world. Why on earth do you believe the likes of UAE should take responsibility for the actions of a rogue terrorist in Tunisia anyway?! "

And trying to prove or suggest that other countries are just as bad etc...quote "Why go anywhere? Countless non-Muslim countries far more dangerous than Tunisia and other North African countries, yet British tourists flock there. Thailand for example".

Why not do a Ronan Keating "You say it best when you say nothing at all"......or at least have a bit of respect for the innocent Brits that have died or lost loved ones..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Have you even bothered to look? You won't find anything in the Daily Mail, I'm afraid.

As for Baroness Warsi - she has a Twitter account, maybe have a look there https://twitter.com/sayeedawarsi

Equally, Islamic Scholars are doing exactly what you are suggesting - and here too

Muslims only account for less than 5% of Britain, they are a tiny minority group - you've already made your mind up about them and it's extremely unfair, the actions of terrorists 2,000 miles away has nothing to do with them.

I'm confident that if you can think of any other prominent British-Muslims with a Twitter account, you will find the same condemnation - but of course, you'll still not be satisfied.

"Satisfied"?. I would have been "satisfied" if you had at least had the decency to wait until the bodies were identified before posting about quote "You think furthering a divide with the Arab world and its people will be useful in some way? Beggars belief, we need greater solidarity, not less, with that part of the world. Why on earth do you believe the likes of UAE should take responsibility for the actions of a rogue terrorist in Tunisia anyway?! "

And trying to prove or suggest that other countries are just as bad etc...quote "Why go anywhere? Countless non-Muslim countries far more dangerous than Tunisia and other North African countries, yet British tourists flock there. Thailand for example".

Why not do a Ronan Keating "You say it best when you say nothing at all"......or at least have a bit of respect for the innocent Brits that have died or lost loved ones..

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

I am suggesting that there is not one sensible reason to choose a destination for a holiday where there was a terrorist attack targeting tourists 3 months ago. The place has nothing whatsoever to offer except sun and sand, both of which can be found in countless other destinations. Personally I think anyone who chose to go there takes responsibility for unnecessarily putting their families at risk.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

I am suggesting that there is not one sensible reason to choose a destination for a holiday where there was a terrorist attack targeting tourists 3 months ago. The place has nothing whatsoever to offer except sun and sand, both of which can be found in countless other destinations. Personally I think anyone who chose to go there takes responsibility for unnecessarily putting their families at risk.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This thread has been to discuss tourism in Tunisia following the terrorist attack. All of my posts have been pertaining to that theme, except my previous, the reaction to your post.

You, and others, for some reason are using it as an excuse to demonise or further marginalise Arabs/Muslims - I find that unacceptable and will always speak up for them.

Nice attempt to try to turn it round on me though, considering my post quite definitively proved that your "silence is deafening" denunciation of innocent Muslim people was absolute drivel - bordering on racist advocacy.

Ahh, the old "racist" card. Like many people i do not follow twitter, i watch the news and look at some papers, did not see any condemnation. Maybe i'll have to trawl through prominent British Muslims to read their views via twitter eh.
Keep defending them, but surely wait a few days as a mark of respect for the dead citizens of our country.

By the way, nice edit from "racist propaganda" to "racist advocacy"..........

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This thread has been to discuss tourism in Tunisia following the terrorist attack. All of my posts have been pertaining to that theme, except my previous, the reaction to your post.

You, and others, for some reason are using it as an excuse to demonise or further marginalise Arabs/Muslims - I find that unacceptable and will always speak up for them.

Nice attempt to try to turn it round on me though, considering my post quite definitively proved that your "silence is deafening" denunciation of innocent Muslim people was absolute drivel - bordering on racist advocacy.

Ahh, the old "racist" card. Like many people i do not follow twitter, i watch the news and look at some papers, did not see any condemnation. Maybe i'll have to trawl through prominent British Muslims to read their views via twitter eh.
Keep defending them, but surely wait a few days as a mark of respect for the dead citizens of our country.

By the way, nice edit from "racist propaganda" to "racist advocacy"..........

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Changing your tack a bit there aren't you? You asked a question, you got an answer.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Changing your tack a bit there aren't you? You asked a question, you got an answer.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

The Arab world needs to wake up. There should be high profile condemnation of these terrorist attacks from ALL Arab and muslim countries and some real action from all of them to address the problem. So far I have seen little or nothing along these lines. A boycott of all things arab until they can sort themselves out and drag all their citizens into the 21st century would be a much needed wake-up call.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

The Arab world needs to wake up. There should be high profile condemnation of these terrorist attacks from ALL Arab and muslim countries and some real action from all of them to address the problem. So far I have seen little or nothing along these lines. A boycott of all things arab until they can sort themselves out and drag all their citizens into the 21st century would be a much needed wake-up call.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Well according to Mustafa you can trawl twitter, if you know who to look for.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Well according to Mustafa you can trawl twitter, if you know who to look for.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

You asked a question, received an answer, brushed it off with a 'oh I don't read those', even though you asked if people had read or heard anything from the muslim community? Perhaps you should have added, '....that I have also read'.
Now you're throwing around comments like 'mark of respect for the dead citizens of our country'.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

You asked a question, received an answer, brushed it off with a 'oh I don't read those', even though you asked if people had read or heard anything from the muslim community? Perhaps you should have added, '....that I have also read'.
Now you're throwing around comments like 'mark of respect for the dead citizens of our country'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here