Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be in favour of a supporter representative on the Board?

Should supporters have a representative on the Board?

• YES! Power to the people.

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • NO! Tony and Paul know best.

Votes: 38 55.1%

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No, because all they would do is represent their own views and those of their "group", irrespective of how those views might fit with those of the wider fanbase.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see Derek Chapman as a fan on the board which represents the rank-and-file supporters.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club already get a lot of fan feedback from NSC. Rather than have a fans representative on the board, maybe they could instead expand on their use of polls for burning fans issues of the day. To make sure polls weren't rigged, you could maybe have to enter your fans number to vote, and votes could either be done online or via paper slips available in the programme etc. Would be more representative of fans than a fans representative. IMHO, like.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yes but only sort of. As many have already said the club use NSC and other methods to gather feedback, so why not have a figure who tires to collate the views from various outlets (NSC, the Argus, etc...) and engage with fans even more via polls and surveys to try and gather feedback and present it at board meeting. Obviously the board already do some of this, and for all I know there may be someone whose job it is to do exactly this. I just think having a focal point for fan feedback at the board level could do a good job, and it means the individual doesn't actually need to be a fan themselves as they're merely trying to collect opinions.

Edit: Suppose this expands on [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] 's ideas.

It seems any time someone wants things improved at our football club they get accused as a closet palace fan,then get" do you want to go back to withdean" or "go and watch crawley":facepalm:
It seems everyone wants to have poyet or vincente babies.
Not sure we need a fan on the board just some balls on this one occasionally???
The club is changing day by day and we need to be prepared to input with certain aspects or just accept that we could go down the rip off route and lose fans in the process :rolleyes:

:facepalm:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm afraid my experience of employee representatives leaves me somewhat jaundiced so it's a "no" from me.
It seems to me that any selection process in itself almost inevitably rules out the person actually being representative of the average supporter and if that's not enough the experience of being an insider within the boardroom will ensure that any vestige of being "at one with the terraces" will rapidly disappear.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I reckon Simster is the man for the job.

As long as he doesn't end up as some sort of gimp figure, I think he he could
do a job :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think NSC is more important to the club than any supporter representative could be.

NSC is accessible by any Albion fan and represents the views of many. Here any fan can publicly ask the club a question and usually get an answer. I am confident that important members of the board will use feedback from NSC every now and again in regards to the daily running of the club.
You'd hope that the board would monitor this site, used correctly it is a huge source of feedback and ideas (good and bad). In the past, its been dismissed as troublesome and unworthy by some board members , a sort of them and us, NSC's value needs a bit of an attitude rethink by the club.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If I ran the FA, it'd be a requirement right along with 'fit and proper'. if Mitbestimmung is good enough for the likes of Siemenses and Volkswagenses, it's good enough for Something-or-other FC.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
yes we do,at withdean we were all in it together and rightly so ,now I feel the club has become a little detatched from the fans and more worried about the corperate £s which I know they have to .When the guy got banned at the palace match I found that left a bad taste ,its situations like that ,that need a person to get a balanced view from both sides before we make ourselves look stupid in front of the ombusman and the wider football community.A fan who sits in the stand and travels to away matches week after week has a better feeeling and understaning of how we would all like to be treated wheather it be stewarding,toilets catering ect I realy think it is a good idea ,but as some of you have mentioned that if they are not listened to or are a yes man then it will be a pointless task.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here