Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would Potter have gone by now if fans were at games?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
When was the last time you went to a home game???

I agree that's how it should be and I wish it was but it very rarely is. It's unfortunately usually the opposite.

Season Ticket holder North Stand. You?

I absolutely disagree with your statement. This is a myth perpetuated on NSC and doesn't bear any resemblance to my matchday experience.
Sure when we are playing shit and losing, the noise isn't permanent, except the NSK.
If you're sitting in the SE corner it can seem deathly quiet ( have done so a few times when taking my Dad or kids to the occasional game)

There is always a response from the crowd to us playing good attacking football.
When we are attacking and making chances.

And that is my point!
Do you not remember the performances against United, Chelsea and Liverpool?
We were ****ing brilliant. to paraphrase a former manager.
The Amex would have been insane for those games.. Games against Relegation rivals where we have battered them (Sheffield United/Fulham/Burnley/Sheff Utd).

You don't think the crowd would have made a difference??
Even the East stand would have made some noise for those performances.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

You're going to get folks telling you the atmosphere was never good enough at the Amex, why doesn't everyone make a noise, leaving early etc. but when you think about that noise just before kick off...when you think about the close contests we've had with the big teams...some of brilliant movement...I agree, frustating yes, but the stadium would have been rocking.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Seeing as Potter has been Head Coach for nearly 2 years (20 months) surely he should have coached it into them by now??

It's the striker's job to put the ball in the back of the net, not the head coach's. The head coach's job, put simply for you, is to get the team to play in such a way that it provides the strikers with the opportunity to do THEIR job, whilst also limiting the opposition to minimal chances.

"But, but Potter should be getting them to practice their shooting"

a) Watch any recent training video on the club's twitter or facebook pages and you'll see that the players practice their finishing.
b) Premier League strikers shouldn't have to be coached on how to finish from 3 to 12 yards out. It's their job.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's the striker's job to put the ball in the back of the net, not the head coach's. The head coach's job, put simply for you, is to get the team to play in such a way that it provides the strikers with the opportunity to do THEIR job, whilst also limiting the opposition to minimal chances.

"But, but Potter should be getting them to practice their shooting"

a) Watch any recent training video on the club's twitter or facebook pages and you'll see that the players practice their finishing.
b) Premier League strikers shouldn't have to be coached on how to finish from 3 to 12 yards out. It's their job.

In the whole I agree with you and I posted what you quoted in response to people saying "it's the players fault" in a way that makes it sound like Potter has no bearing on their performance. I'm definitely not a "Potter should be getting them to practice their shooting" type as that is far too simplistic (as is the whole IN/OUT thing really) and it is all far more nuanced than that. However as Head Coach it is Potter's job to train them and improve them; something that seems to be forgotten in the arguments between the zealots.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Would be good wouldn't it.

If fans were allowed in the stadium Potter would have resigned by now. Fact.

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

And blocked - idiot...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Its the chairman who makes the decisions not the fans and all the shouting in the world would probably not change his mind.

His assessment will be based on a) we lost £67million b) the manager's actions are in line with the Chairman's ideas c) We can't afford to sack him d) Who do you bring in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here