[Albion] Would Potter have gone by now if fans were at games?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whenever anybody states their opinion and follows it with the single word 'Fact', my automatic reaction is to think 'Prat'. That's pretty reliable.

Indeed. That's why I add it to some of my 'comedy' posts. Whooshes a few, but so it goes. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely. Removed all the pressure.

If you know your job is safe for five years, or if you are sacked you will walk away with 5 years wedge, it's really not any motivation is it?

And I really hate criticising TB but he clearly called this one wrong.

This has been dealt with in previous threads. Raising the dead (issue) again is a bit desperate (who knew). We can bin off GPott easily. His contract will have clauses. The idea is that if he's any good the contract means we will get eye-watering compo if he's poached. That's all.

I admire your chutzpah criticising TB over money issues and business planning, though. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Junior never to be known as senior..still I guess he’s pretty good at getting loads of replies to threads he initiates

Sometimes the urge to mock the afflicted is too hard to resist.

Incidentally, the mod who edited the thread title (originally 'Would Potter of gone' etc etc) should feel a little ashamed of himself :shrug:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Is anyone going to tell this guy or shall I do it?

It's the striker's job to put the ball in the back of the net, not the head coach's. The head coach's job, put simply for you, is to get the team to play in such a way that it provides the strikers with the opportunity to do THEIR job, whilst also limiting the opposition to minimal chances. Potter's team literally did that yesterday. Controlled the game from start to finish and created plenty. His strikers let him down.

Oh, and please don't say: "But, but Potter should be getting them to practice their shooting" because...
a) Watch any recent training video on the club's twitter or facebook pages and you'll see that the players practice their finishing.
b) Premier League strikers shouldn't have to be coached on how to finish from 3 to 12 yards out. It's their f*cking job!

Clown.

And the one sub on 83 mins ?
And his brill home record ?
He’s the one that wants to play tippy tappy and no shooting eg Leeds away
How many goals do or will
Will ever score like that not many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Would be good wouldn't it.

If fans were allowed in the stadium Potter would have resigned by now. Fact.

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

Oh do ckuf off you weapons grade wanker!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I agree with this statement.

If you're the manager of the local Maccies and you allow staff to perform ineptly and do nothing about it you'll get the tin tack, same way football should run.

The only difference I would add is that if not GPott, who? There's no budget, you've got to work with the players you have?

Would Smug Eddie, Frank, Sparky make any difference?

We'll be safe, by the skin of our teeth, but we'll be safe.

#bekind
If I keep driving my lorry into brick walls, I can honestly tell you that I will get the sack, not my manager. Maybe though I could say my manager never told me to use my brakes.

Would Smug Eddie, Frank, Sparky make any difference? No they would still have the same strikers, and I doubt we would create any more chances, in fact I believe with them in charge we would create fewer chances.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Why? It sounds like something every manager and owner should do considering how managers are treated these days.

Well, I would have thought there would be some kind of performance /achievement clauses built in to it wouldn't you?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Well, I would have thought there would be some kind of performance /achievement clauses built in to it wouldn't you?

No. Why would you sack someone if you are happy with their performance/ achievement? In fact from what I can see this is exactly why Potter is not likely to be sacked if we get relegated.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
This talk of the 5 year contract is nonsense. If Tony Bloom wants to sack him he will. It will make no difference to that decision if he has a 5 year contract or a one year contract. Fortunately Tony will stick with him.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Because a journalist would of course know the contents of a legal document that only Bloom, Barber, Potter and the clubs lawyers would know about

He is cautious. He doesn't say things like that if he isn't sure.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I see Maupay going backwards as he's not delivering as well as he was last season, which was his transition season, if you like, as it was Potters the clubs and all the other players.. I saw the desire, (but no killer instinct) just not the required application to succeed. sadly it's a recurring theme.

What happens if in the remaining 18 games of the season Maupay scores 4 goals and thus exceeds his return from last year?

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
And the one sub on 83 mins ?
And his brill home record ?
He’s the one that wants to play tippy tappy and no shooting eg Leeds away
How many goals do or will
Will ever score like that not many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of this has anything to do with our strikers not being able to finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports