Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst state you've been in due to substance abuse

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think we should come back to this thread on Monday morning and everyone can list what was consumed or smoked over the weekend. I,d like to think we could get at least 7 different ones up. Quiet one for me this weekend so I am anticipating only a few drinks preceeded by a bit of bud.

but who knows ?

How exciting

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Didn't think he'd answer. Hypocritical old fool.

I guess that puts you in the moron caregory. Congratulations.

"What most of the morons on here seem to ignore is that I have never said I am against individuals taking drugs. Some way back I did say that as far as I was concerned they could take them till it kills them and good riddance.

What I am against is the gratification of illegal drugs on a public forum frequented particularly at this time of year by youngsters. If it pursuades just one kid to have a go that's one too many."

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Gambling addiction is a massive problem in this country. I assume you post your vitriol on the weekly "what bets have you done" thread? After all it's gratifying betting surely? Or can the majority of people be trusted to bet responsibly?

I must have missed the bit where gambling was illegal.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

"What most of the morons on here seem to ignore is that I have never said I am against individuals taking drugs. Some way back I did say that as far as I was concerned they could take them till it kills them and good riddance.

What I am against is the gratification of illegal drugs on a public forum frequented particularly at this time of year by youngsters. If it pursuades just one kid to have a go that's one too many."[/

You've made your complaint, Bozza disagreed, if you don't like it stop clogging the thread up with your ill informed, out of touch bullshit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wasted on here mate with the sort of people on this thread.

Why not give it a go? The reasoned argument that is, not the class As.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

What I am against is the gratification of illegal drugs on a public forum frequented particularly at this time of year by youngsters. If it pursuades just one kid to have a go that's one too many."[/

You've made your complaint, Bozza disagreed, if you don't like it stop clogging the thread up with your ill informed, out of touch bullshit.

I never complained to Bozza

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

What I am against is the gratification of illegal drugs on a public forum frequented particularly at this time of year by youngsters. If it pursuades just one kid to have a go that's one too many."

Uncle C, have you ever drunk alcohol? Smoked cigarettes? If not, does anyone you know take these drugs?

If so, I assume you have the same viewpoint of "good riddance when it kills them"?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cause the posters on this thread are hunting in packs, and I cant handle every posting.

By 'hunting in packs', you mean that the overwhelming majority of posters disagree with you. Have you considered why that could be?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Uncle C, have you ever drunk alcohol? Smoked cigarettes? If not, does anyone you know take these drugs?

If so, I assume you have the same viewpoint of "good riddance when it kills them"?

I wonder where he stands on prescription drug abuse? They're legal after all. Is this okay?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I have to stick up for Uncle C here. You are changing the subject by asking him about good drugs. The drugs he's talking about are the bad drugs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cause the posters on this thread are hunting in packs, and I cant handle every posting.

Hardly. People are disagreeing with your out-of-touch ideas and beliefs. This is all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to stick up for Uncle C here. You are changing the subject by asking him about good drugs. The drugs he's talking about are the bad drugs.

Are prescription drugs good or bad?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we should come back to this thread on Monday morning and everyone can list what was consumed or smoked over the weekend. I,d like to think we could get at least 7 different ones up. Quiet one for me this weekend so I am anticipating only a few drinks preceeded by a bit of bud.

but who knows ?

Up for that.

2 or 3 substances this weekend for me and shock horror I wont kill anyone / upset anyone (much) / rob anyone. I will even manage to hold down good family relationships , good personal relationships , make it to work on Tuesday am and do a decent days work.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I must have missed the bit where gambling was illegal.

So your morality is dictated to you exclusively by the law?

How long ago was being homosexual illegal? How long ago were you legally able to discriminate against a woman in the workplace? How long ago was it that you were legally able to rape your wife?

The law my friend is a complete and utter ass. The removal of restrictions on gambling has undoubtedly caused significant issues in this country and was only done so Mr Blair could appease some of his big money financiers. The same goes for the reckless application of the new alcohol licensing laws. It seems we are soft touch in places that need more regulation and heavy handed in areas that could benfit from less. It's all to do with who is greasing the palm of Government and at the moment that appears to be bookmakers and industrial breweries.

The winds are changing here (drugs) based on scientifically, medically and ecnomically sound theory. You are appearing a little "earth is flat" at the moment.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Fair enough. After all, the tobacco companies seem like upstanding members of the international community, so if they say it's OK then who are we to argue? There's no need to think for ourselves or consider the fact that cigarettes kill more people per year than all other drugs combined, because cigarettes are legal, and other drugs are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here