Worst referee performance I have ever seen

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
To play 80 mins with 12 against 9 and still nearly nick a point is something to be proud of. I am so proud of our team tonight. We were warriors in that second half. Noone looked like a top class left back. Onwards and upwards

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Gus being VERY careful with his post match interview, saying nothing but saying EVERYTHING....:lolol:

Looking forward to the FL show tonight, to see what REALLY happened.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Gus being VERY careful with his post match interview, saying nothing but saying EVERYTHING....:lolol:

Looking forward to the FL show tonight, to see what REALLY happened.

Apparently Vincelot punched someone, the barnes challenge was a 50/50 challenge with both players showing studs. Then barnes got throttled round the neck and sent off. Work that 1 out. The referee was an inept ****

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Stupid title, decisions at southampton were an order of magnitude worse than today.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Stupid title, decisions at southampton were an order of magnitude worse than today.

I think todays were far worse that southampton. Southampton we were always going to get a hiding. Burnley were very poor today and were there for the taking. The referee ruined that

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Corrobated by various phone-ins and a couple of photos on here they were both red-worthy.

Phone-ins from people at the game but presumably calling from queues for the train or buses!? You got to be a cock of the highest order to post the shit you post from your computer at home listening to the radio & passing judgement on phone-ins.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Vincelot deserved to be sent off. You cannot punch someone in the ribs off the ball and not expect to be punished. As soon as it became clear that the 4th official had seen it there was only one outcome.
As for Barnes I thought that it was our free kick and a caution for their player. Barnes jumped to avoid their player and landed on him. I could not see if it was deliberate or not but he does have a nasty streak so that could be why he was sent off.
It is only the Barnes sending off that could turn it from an average refereeing performance to an awful one. I await the TV replays.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Phone-ins from people at the game but presumably calling from queues for the train or buses!? You got to be a cock of the highest order to post the shit you post from your computer at home listening to the radio & passing judgement on phone-ins.

This

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Vincelot deserved to be sent off. You cannot punch someone in the ribs off the ball and not expect to be punished. As soon as it became clear that the 4th official had seen it there was only one outcome.
As for Barnes I thought that it was our free kick and a caution for their player. Barnes jumped to avoid their player and landed on him. I could not see if it was deliberate or not but he does have a nasty streak so that could be why he was sent off.
It is only the Barnes sending off that could turn it from an average refereeing performance to an awful one. I await the TV replays.

Even without the sending offs that referee was absolutely shocking. How you can say it was an average performance from the ref is beyond me

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
He made errors but on any other day they will have been forgotten but because of the 1st 12 minutes every little mistake was magnified a hundred times by the supporters (including me). As I said if Barnes' red card is shown to be justified there were no other major errors only a couple of throw ins and a goal kick and a couple of opinion calls on free kicks.

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
Ag4LTBFCAAEBPlr.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He made errors but on any other day they will have been forgotten but because of the 1st 12 minutes every little mistake was magnified a hundred times by the supporters (including me). As I said if Barnes' red card is shown to be justified there were no other major errors only a couple of throw ins and a goal kick and a couple of opinion calls on free kicks.

Soon after the second red, Noone was running down the left and their guy pushed him straight in the back with both hands. When the ref waved that one on, any tiny hope I had died.

frostie_BHAFC

May 18, 2011
on when one of the burnley players fell over and cms didnt even challenege for the ball and the ref gave them a free-kick. Think the players should be proud of there effort today along with the fans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports