Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst referee performance I have ever seen

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I have to admit I thought he was stumbling back and reached his arms out to balance if you see what I mean? Hence why his header spooned into Greer's path. I am probably wrong and may also be getting a few phases of play mixed up in my head.

Was off the ground, would clearly have won the header and Dunk's arm went into his back, not just for balance but an actual push, which sent the defender tumbling forward as it would anyone. I'm lucky in that I was dead in line in the North stand so could see it, those i know at either side of the stand saw nothing.
As I say, ref was awful, but that one was a foul im afraid.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with this entirley. I often sit in the stands and try and see things from the ref/oppositions perspective or basically the person on the end of the abuse. I have done this many a time today and each time come to the conclusion that the decision ruled on Barnes was an aboration. How, just f***ing HOW!!! Can anybody say that the player who had his hands towards Barnes's throat and DID two foot him not be deserving of a sodding yellow card???

What I saw of the second card, Barnes had to go. I know people will say that because I dont rate Barnes, but he pulled out of the challange and lashed out. He had to go, but also the Burnley player had to go as well, and didnt even get a talking to. I never saw teh Vincelot "punch" but enough people were saying he did it and had to be sent off.

Again, I think the most annoying part is the 4th official getting invloved, yet other times they stand there like a spare prick at a wedding and do nothing.

Also puzzled as to why the Burnley player got a yellow for raising his hands to El Abd. There was nothing in it, but its either a "get on with it" or a red card.

The official were absolutely shocking and really were not up to it, espiecally the ref and 4th official. But I think you'll find both reds were right, and then they could and should have had one or two sent off as well.

Top posts and 100% agree. See my thread re Mr Pawson and when he last reffed us - you'll be amazed... Esp after, as you correctly state, their bloke throttled both Barnes and El-Abd...! JOKE

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
To nearly snatch a draw at the end after battling against twelve men for nearly 82 minutes. I'm extremely proud of us tonight, when are we going to get a decent referee who knows the rules and isn't inept? Southampton and now today, just proves a point that the officials are out to get us this season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
To play 80 mins with 12 against 9 and still nearly nick a point is something to be proud of. I am so proud of our team tonight. We were warriors in that second half. Noone looked like a top class left back. Onwards and upwards

9 v 13 or 14 at times

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
He was a bit ropey, but you can't argue that he got the two big decisions right.

yes he got them both dead right, oh no wait a minute, did he send both of the Burnley players off? Did he send the Burnley player who manhandled El-Abd, Did he give a free kick for Noone when he was through? Did he give a penalty when Noone was bought down? Did he give Greer's goal. Did he give a goal kick when El-Abd kicked it out? I could go on but you are clearly blind deluded and an idiot!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You are clearly somebody who can't take off the blue and white spectacles. Most of the incidents you mention were not ones that changed the match. He made two decisions that changed the match - our two red cards. He was right on both. Ok, I know he made some very poor calls elsewhere, such as the El-Abd corner and a couple of Burnley throws and he was undoubtedly a shit ref, but I don't think we have anyone but ourselves to blame for throwing that match away.

You honestly don't think that standing over somebody and throttling them is worthy of a red (or even yellow) card?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
You are clearly somebody who can't take off the blue and white spectacles. Most of the incidents you mention were not ones that changed the match. He made two decisions that changed the match - our two red cards. He was right on both. Ok, I know he made some very poor calls elsewhere, such as the El-Abd corner and a couple of Burnley throws and he was undoubtedly a shit ref, but I don't think we have anyone but ourselves to blame for throwing that match away.

The fact that he should have sent off a Burnley player every time he sent an Albion one off (quote Journalists at the game) and one for manhandling El-Abd, would they have changed the game? Oh no of course not.

And whilst I unashamedly have blue & white spectacles in a Timmy Mallet stylie, I think you'll find I am an objective individual, just like you sir!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Are you seriously suggesting the Burnley player who assaulted Barnes getting sent off would not have changed the match? Or are you saying that despite him going for Barnes he deserved to stay on the pitch?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Just seen the Barnes one and that is a definate red, however the burnley players reaction should also of seen red

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Even without the sending offs that referee was absolutely shocking. How you can say it was an average performance from the ref is beyond me

Totally agree his decision making was shocking...all over the pitch...worst refereeing I have seen from watching over 40 years....shocking shocking shocking

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Are you seriously suggesting the Burnley player who assaulted Barnes getting sent off would not have changed the match? Or are you saying that despite him going for Barnes he deserved to stay on the pitch?

I wudnt bother with tht poster ..the complete badger talks complete b......x

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't blame their player for reacting angrily to almost having his leg snapped in half. I think some refs would maybe have booked him for going a bit OTT, but he didn't do anything that was basically assault like Barnes did. Definitely not a red card.

Yep...u weren't there ..otherwise u wudnt hav sed he was a bit ropey

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't blame their player for reacting angrily to almost having his leg snapped in half. I think some refs would maybe have booked him for going a bit OTT, but he didn't do anything that was basically assault like Barnes did. Definitely not a red card.

If you were the ref, it would not be your place to "not blame" someone for such actions. Put your hands on another player in an aggressive manner = red card, whatever the provocation.

Funnily enough it's exactly what Vincelot WAS sent off for (his dig was in retaliation to an elbow)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here