Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst England players

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pretty much the entire Graham Taylor squad.

Which funnily enough, came at a time before the Premier's foreign influx and there was much more of an English "talent" pool to choose from.

@%1;

Which people fail to mention when they go on about foreign imports ruining our National side, have not failed to qualify for a world cup since 94.

Zamora,Davies, Nugent are terrible as well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There's been some truly shocking goalkeepers over the past decade. John Ruddy, Jack Butland, Rob Green, Paul "Misses" Robinson, Carse The Farce, Ian Walker.

Not sure that bobble was Robbos fault, he was pretty good for England - worst thing Mcclaren did was drop him for Carson, who cost us our place at Euro 08.

Not sure how you can say Butland is shocking?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm sure i remember watching one of those from between the fingers of my hands clasped over my face. After having the ball bounce of his shins a few times i'm sure he was substituted very early much to my relief

He couldn't trap a bag of cement

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not the worst but top strikers Ian Wright and Robbie Fowler never looked anywhere near their club form when playing for England. :shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Andy Cole. Second highest Premier League scorer. Total dogshit for England.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There's been some truly shocking goalkeepers over the past decade. John Ruddy, Jack Butland, Rob Green, Paul "Misses" Robinson, Carse The Farce, Ian Walker.

I think Calamity James tops some of those. The fact he got so many caps, just shows how poor the quality of goalkeeping is since 2002.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Remember that ,he was awful and it was a struggle to get the win.

Did he save one or was it a miss?
Saved with his feet ,that was the 2nd penalty. The 1st was put away ,but then retaken which hit the post and rebounded into Wright's head into the net. The malta player who took all 3 was David Carrabott.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Not the worst but top strikers Ian Wright and Robbie Fowler never looked anywhere near their club form when playing for England. :shrug:

Kevin Phillips was also toilet for England. Matt Le Tissier didn't do much either although Hoddle didn't give him much of a chance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here