Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst England players

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Seem to remember Luke Young getting a run of games at right-back at one point. Far from the worst ever, but still shouldn't have been getting anywhere close to the England squad.

Jay Bothroyd though, what the HELL was that all about?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Peter Ward. He was only good in his first spell at Brighton until we reached the top flight.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Carlton Palmer's been rightly mentioned by many so I'll go for Mike Duxbury - absolute toilet he was.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I didn't think David Bardsley was international class.

Graham Taylor did.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This should be fun. Which year would you like me to start from?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Didn't Seth Johnson get a cap?

He did, but like some others Agbonlahor, Jeffers for instance. His career didn't turn out, for whatever reason, to be quite as stellar as expected when they plated for England - Those three were all 20/21 when selected. Carlton Palmer however.....

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I'm sure i remember watching one of those from between the fingers of my hands clasped over my face. After having the ball bounce of his shins a few times i'm sure he was substituted very early much to my relief
Only 15500 saw Fash play for England V Chile in 1989 .Tube strike that day and we got to Waterloo and thought sod it and went on the hit and miss rather than try to get to Wembley.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's been some truly shocking goalkeepers over the past decade. John Ruddy, Jack Butland, Rob Green, Paul "Misses" Robinson, Carse The Farce, Ian Walker.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Only 15500 saw Fash play for England V Chile in 1989 .Tube strike that day and we got to Waterloo and thought sod it and went on the hit and miss rather than try to get to Wembley.

Could have been worse. Imagine struggling through, getting to Wembley and finding out that **** was playing

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
There's been some truly shocking goalkeepers over the past decade. John Ruddy, Jack Butland, Rob Green, Paul "Misses" Robinson, Carse The Farce, Ian Walker.
I think you're possibly being a bit harsh towards Butland considering his age at the time of his appearance and that he's actually, you know, good.

The problem when trying to defend Green and Robinson, which I really want to do, is that whist they're both more than capable keepers they had an astonishing ability to have wobbles at exactly the wrong time. Wouldn't call either shocking but couldn't pretend that they're particularly reliable either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here