Worst Albion match day?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yep on the stand to the away fans left..... They actually burnt coppers hats. Saw the whole thing, old bill shoulder to shoulder round the perimeter, they did a surge and grabbed a couple of coppers hats, before setting fire to them.

I saw this thread on their forums recently, you have to read this!!

http://www.hof.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28134

shocked and suprised or not at all..... I so look forward to them tearing up the Amex.

I don't think I have seen the word c*nt used so many times in one place before

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Oldham away years ago, it was wet and freezing, we lost (can't remember the score) and I ruined a very expensive and rather stylish pair of shoes traipsing through the mud outside their away end and had to survive the train journey from hell (took about 7 hours) diverted all round the c*ntry (got it in!) soaking wet and with trench foot to get home!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
- Darlington at 'home' at the Priestfield. Left after about 75 minutes seriously questioning why I bother
- Notts County Play Off Final
- Losing 3-0 at Millwall on Boxing Day. The end of another false dawn
- Fulham at home in the FA Cup in about '94. My first game for ages. Freezing and shit. Just couldn't wait for it to end so of course it went to extra time
- Stoke 5-1. CLOWN!
- The first half at Hereford

D

Deleted User X18H

- Darlington at 'home' at the Priestfield. Left after about 75 minutes seriously questioning why I bother
- Fulham at home in the FA Cup in about '94. My first game for ages. Freezing and shit. Just couldn't wait for it to end so of course it went to extra time
- Stoke 5-1. CLOWN!

December 1995 old boy. Lost on Pens. Their Keeper Lange , I think took one and scored possibly the decider live on Sky on on Thursday night.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
December 1995 old boy. Lost on Pens. Their Keeper Lange , I think took one and scored possibly the decider live on Sky on on Thursday night.

That was the replay wasn't it? 0-0 at the cottage and then 0-0 at home both bloody freezing, the only excitement in the whole two games was the penalties and I was freezing my toes off in the south stand.

- Stoke 5-1. CLOWN!

That Stoke game was a choker. Seem to remember the tickets for that game were printed as a 3 pm start when in fact it was a 1pm start! which was good as me n me bros missed the start.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Aldershot away in the second leg of the league cup 1984-5. We had won the first leg 3-1 and the players clearly thought they didn't have to put any effort in. We lost 3-0 to a side two divisions below us. I walked out before the end for the first time ever watching the Albion.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Leatherhead 0-1.

The previous season we had been tonked at home by Walton & H but this cup tie gave us a chance to really thrash some non league minow and help erase the embarressment of the year before.

Albion had been doing prety well at home and 20,000 turned up only to see another abject humilliation and that 'Leatherhead Lip' the darling of the media. That Albion team shamed us.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Aldershot away in the second leg of the league cup 1984-5. We had won the first leg 3-1 and the players clearly thought they didn't have to put any effort in. We lost 3-0 to a side two divisions below us. I walked out before the end for the first time ever watching the Albion.

I remember that night well - there was a punch up on the pitch at full time & a lad I knew who had taken the day off sick appeared in a photo in the Argus punching an Aldershot fan. Silly boy.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Scunthorpe away in 1997. Horrible place, long way to go, shit ground, crap performance and we looked certainties for the drop after a 1-0 defeat.

Yeah - I was at that one. Remember Albion fans nearly coming to blows in the bogs at half time after group started slagging off team.

Doncaster away was similar when group of fans started on Revell - we lost 1-0. Long way home !

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
30th April 1977 - Wrexham away.
Seagulls Special train got held up on the way up there due to suicide on the line. Got there just in time for the second half of a 0-0 draw. Back to the train that got stoned at the station by Wrexham fans from the bridge.
Windows of one of the carriages got blown past Rugby. Train reversed to Rugby to get people into other carriages. Diesel enging on the train then packed up and a replacement engine had to be called up from London. Got back home at 2.00 in the morning.
The good news is we got promoted as runners up. The bad news, Palace went up in 3rd place.

I went on train to this match but don't remember the trouble you had ? maybe we ran two Seagulls Specials.

I do recall Albion fans trying to overturn a car with Wrexham supporters in it on way from Station to ground.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
1 walton and hersham at home,midweek game in the afternoon bunked off school got beat 0-4
2 hull city away got in sight of ground to be told by a steward walking the other way "game off"
3 cardiff city away won 1-0 1976 no segregation got chased out the ground by about 40 cardiff!!!!!!:moo:
You Wuss..listen to fatboy...Stand up,Stand up for Brighton.......Lol!,must admit it was bad there,they were even spitting on the disabled fans.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The cup replay at Stamford Bridge against Palace 76/77 I think. Cheating Challis the ref.

same as,we had the shed which was good,but nobby missed a pen,but after the game about 4 of us got filled in outside a boozer by about 15-20 of them,but don't think they were palace,probably chelsea

the pub was full of brighton when they all piled out the mob ran off,typical wankers

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
same as,we had the shed which was good,but nobby missed a pen,but after the game about 4 of us got filled in outside a boozer by about 15-20 of them,but don't think they were palace,probably chelsea

the pub was full of brighton when they all piled out the mob ran off,typical wankers

That doesn't make any sense. When they "filled you in" they were probably Chelsea. but when they ran off, they became typical w@nkers (so presume Palarse)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports