Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Premiere of Whitehawk FC Film, 'Hawks, Anti-Idiots' This Saturday.

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
For those of you who have been to Whitehawk FC and enjoyed a beer or two on the terrace, or sang, ‘racism we say no’, ‘homophobia we say no’ ‘sexism we say no’ at our matches, (if you haven’t been yet you’ll love it!) On Saturday at the Wagner Hall in Brighton, we’re showing the ‘World Premiere’ of the film, ‘Hawks, Anti-idiots’ - a film by Director Hossam Sarhan, all about the club, the Whitehawk community, the people - young and old, and the amazing fans who create such an incredible atmosphere!

Here’s the trailer, and tickets are available here.

Tickets are available here.
https://filmfreeway.com/BrightonRocks/tickets
There’s also music from fans band the Whitehawk Isolators, and a Q&A with the director.
There’s a bar there too, and it’s gonna be a great night!

Hope to see you there!
View attachment Hawks- Anti Idiots Poster V.2.2.jpg

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
For those of you who have been to Whitehawk FC and enjoyed a beer or two on the terrace, or sang, ‘racism we say no’, ‘homophobia we say no’ ‘sexism we say no’ at our matches, (if you haven’t been yet you’ll love it!) On Saturday at the Wagner Hall in Brighton, we’re showing the ‘World Premiere’ of the film, ‘Hawks, Anti-idiots’ - a film by Director Hossam Sarhan, all about the club, the Whitehawk community, the people - young and old, and the amazing fans who create such an incredible atmosphere!

Here’s the trailer, and tickets are available here.

Tickets are available here.
https://filmfreeway.com/BrightonRocks/tickets
There’s also music from fans band the Whitehawk Isolators, and a Q&A with the director.
There’s a bar there too, and it’s gonna be a great night!

Hope to see you there!
View attachment 166364

For those of us not in the Brighton area I assume it will be on Al Jazeera at some point?

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
With that policy considering the amount of idiots that live in Whitehawk, it probably explains why so few go to watch them.
Crowds are up 40% on two years ago, the fans base are getting younger - more students (and young Albion ST holders) are coming to games - The 'Idiots' in question, relates to the fan - base, those from the Estate and who live in Hove, who reject the balaclava-wearing, right wing 'Ultras' tag that is prevalent in Europe...

The film charts the last few games of the 21/22 season, and interviews fans - both young & old, about what they love about non-league and their club...

You can be a Seagull and a Hawk - Non-League football is seeing record crowds across the country - you can drink on the terrace, Footy Scran rates us (!), and you can swap ends at half time...

Everywhere has idiots... We're not...:)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
With that policy considering the amount of idiots that live in Whitehawk, it probably explains why so few go to watch them.
That's trollocks my friend.

Hawks have had a couple of 500 crowds this year. That's good for their league status.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That's trollocks my friend.

Hawks have had a couple of 500 crowds this year. That's good for their league status.
yeah ok, not how many were there last time I went against Littlehampton, more like 200, anyway I was only joshing.
I personally don't like Whitehawk FC, I have tried several times to give it a go, but for some reason I don't feel it or get it.
The ultras are contrived and well, meh, not for me.
Good on them though, it's just not me.

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
yeah ok, not how many were there last time I went against Littlehampton, more like 200, anyway I was only joshing.
I personally don't like Whitehawk FC, I have tried several times to give it a go, but for some reason I don't feel it or get it.
The ultras are contrived and well, meh, not for me.
Good on them though, it's just not me.
Shame you were there for the Littlehampton game - When a bunch of drunken away fans turn up and within 10 minutes of being there decide to smoke bomb the club house, you know it will be a bad day...

(they did it across the league that season)

Yeah it's a bit ramshackle, yeah we have an 82 year-old club secretary, a 78 year old groundsman... but there's a real positive spirit there, and the film captures it perfectly...(y)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
does the film show the hawk ultras attacking the Gloucester fans bus a few years ago ?
Wasn't there 10 years ago so haven't a clue about that incident. It does mention the 'Brighton City' fiasco though, and there's interviews with some of the old boys who have been coming to watch The Hawks for over 70 years, as well as those who have just started watching games. All clubs have history right? The director wanted to show a club that has the community at it's heart, and that cares for all ages... very much like the Albion, albeit a little smaller...;)

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
You mean the match where Whitehawk fans were kept in until the Wealdstone fans left ?

Read about it here:

From what I can gather previously Wealdstone came looking for trouble and the video footage suggests attacked the home end.

Guess who was involved...

Wealdstone, as well as now Littlehampton, have attracted a lot of so-called fans who have had banning orders on them from their Pro clubs. Unfortunately, banning orders don't filter down to non-league, so they can literally 'pick & choose' which club or match they align themselves to. With less restrictions in the non-league game in terms of drinking & movement around the ground, it must be like a hooligan playground for them, knowing that stewards are not used to disruptive behaviour, they think they can do what they like - The 'Wealdstone Raider' was 8 years ago - a lot of positive changes have been made since... If he ever came down to Whitehawk again and 'Wanted some', I'd buy him our 10 sausages meal from the food bar and make him mascot for the day...;)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wealdstone, as well as now Littlehampton, have attracted a lot of so-called fans who have had banning orders on them from their Pro clubs. Unfortunately, banning orders don't filter down to non-league, so they can literally 'pick & choose' which club or match they align themselves to. With less restrictions in the non-league game in terms of drinking & movement around the ground, it must be like a hooligan playground for them, knowing that stewards are not used to disruptive behaviour, they think they can do what they like - The 'Wealdstone Raider' was 8 years ago - a lot of positive changes have been made since... If he ever came down to Whitehawk again and 'Wanted some', I'd buy him our 10 sausages meal from the food bar and make him mascot for the day...;)

This would feed him for the week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here