Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Twenty - The Quarters Begin

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Oh goodie. Another half an hour of the commentators wanking themselves into a frenzy over Messi
Oh goodie. At least another hour and a half plus pre-amble of commentators and pundits wanking themselves into a frenzy over Messi

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How? Four goals were scored, but f*** all else happened apart from anti-football.
But the dull bits between the goals were livened up with numerous incidents. :shrug:

And to be fair it wasn’t just “4 goals”, it was a 2-0 lead lost in the last minute.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Alexis through, but football lost today
Good Lord, what do people find joy in?

That was FANTASTIC. The Dutch. The. f***ing. Dutch. Playing like Burnley.

Four goals in regular time, the last one a 100th minute equaliser from a set piece that was totally shit or bust. Literally the football equivalent of putting all the money you have left on red at the end of the night.

Subs fighting each other, incompetent refereeing, extra time, extra, extra time, penalties. Fans crying into their face paint. This is football FFS. I hate to be Gladiator but ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

:facepalm:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Four goals in regular time, the last one a 100th minute equaliser from a set piece that was totally shit or bust. Literally the football equivalent of putting all the money you have left on red at the end of the night.

Subs fighting each other, incompetent refereeing, extra time, extra, extra time, penalties. Fans crying into their face paint. This is football FFS. I hate to be Gladiator but ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Indeed. 'This is football FFS' - great quote that I might nick.

Even Mrs Bodian was quite involved.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Bit of a long shot that, surely? Argentina or The Netherlands next up for Croatia, are they not?
Don’t underestimate the Croatians - the way Argentina played, cf with Croatia today, not that much of a long shot - Croatians may not play ‘pretty football’ but they make up for it in dogged stamina, focus and an ability to control the game down to a slow crawl to suit themselves. They are quite capable of wearing down their opposition. They may well frustrate Argentina into loosing their composure - and Argentina showed this evening what they can do when they lose their composure - lose a 2-0 lead within a few minutes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Don’t underestimate the Croatians - the way Argentina played, cf with Croatia today, not that much of a long shot - Croatians may not play ‘pretty football’ but they make up for it in dogged stamina, focus and an ability to control the game down to a slow crawl to suit themselves. They are quite capable of wearing down their opposition. They may well frustrate Argentina into loosing their composure - and Argentina showed this evening what they can do when they lose their composure - lose a 2-0 lead within a few minutes.
If Croatia had the same quality up front to match their stellar midfield and the simply outstanding Gvardiol at the back, then they'd be easily one of the favourites to win this tournament.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If Croatia had the same quality up front to match their stellar midfield and the simply outstanding Gvardiol at the back, then they'd be easily one of the favourites to win this tournament.
They’d also be a lot more exiting to watch 😏

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think it was a blip, Argentina were so comfortable at 2-0 and they took their foot off the peddle. Messi is such a key factor, he can unlock a defence at any moment, no other team has a player like that. And don't talk to me about MBappe, the Usian Bolt of football, RUN FORREST RUN.....

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

I was just waiting for Ashley Barnes to come on and headbutt the Argie keeper with the ginger dalek exterminating their dugout.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, whatever - but there still ain't going to be a France - Croatia semi-final under any circumstances.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think it was a blip, … Messi is such a key factor, he can unlock a defence at any moment, no other team has a player like that.
Except perhaps Man City - shame Norway didn’t qualify
Yes, whatever - but there still ain't going to be a France - Croatia semi-final under any circumstances.
You are both of course probably right but nothing in this WC so far gives me any confidence to rule out the ‘long shots’ - which was my point 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1 MB · Views: 38

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A France-Croatia semi isn't even a long shot!
lol! I completely misread your earlier post 🙄 (I thought we were still talking about Croatia v Argentina at least, I was.)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here