Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Twenty One... Time for the boys to do us proud.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1670711057625.png

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

’Alternative facts’ on Wiki 😁

History of 100s of violations on the Wiki page (deleted now) - ‘possible vandalism’ by ‘mobile edits’ on ‘biographies of living persons page’

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
A game of fine margins. Foul on Saka leads to the 1st goal, clear penalty not given first half. 2nd half we were the better team, bad defending for 2nd goal, what a cross by Griezmann, lucky to be on the pitch though. Missed penalty by Kane, should have let somone else take it especiallywhen its ur club team mate in goal.

Well done England, u did us proud. Only 18 months until we go through the same emotions again.
I've seen a clip of this supposed penalty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't fouls conceded on the outside of the area called free kicks or has this rule been updated recently?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ah, the working class.

How are they, I wonder? ???
The Daily Mail actually thought Sir Michael Take was for real.

I think if that wasn't the final nail in the coffin for any credibility they have then nothing ever will be.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't mind who wins it now. I have nothing against any of the last 4. I'm just delighted Brazil are out.
Morocco or Argentina for me. It will be quite surreal if Brighton has a World Cup winner.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Morocco or Argentina for me. It will be quite surreal if Brighton has a World Cup winner.
It would be great to see an Albion player starting a World Cup Final.

Even is he is just a £30m future Inter signing :ROFLMAO:

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
England played well tonight on another day would of won that game . But the main difference at this level as in the semi in 2018 when Kane hit the post at 1-0 you must take your chances . France had 3 decent and scored 2 England had about 6 and scored once
That’s the difference between a good team in England and a great team in France

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Call me a mentalist conspiracy theorist if you like, but this tournament has been rigged from the start for Messi & Argentina to win it. Wouldn't even be surprised if it was agreed as part of the terms of getting him to PSG.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Didn't he used to be the lead singer in Fine Young Cannibals?
A passing resemblance certainly 🙂 - the funny bit was what was written about him in Wiki by angry England fans who in their hundreds started altering his biography (as fast as Wiki mods could deleted the comments) to say he was under investigation for denying Kane a penalty (well I thought it was funny 😆)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
England played well tonight on another day would of won that game . But the main difference at this level as in the semi in 2018 when Kane hit the post at 1-0 you must take your chances . France had 3 decent and scored 2 England had about 6 and scored once
That’s the difference between a good team in England and a great team in France
Nothing to do with ballooning a penalty over the bar then? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here