Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Twenty One... Time for the boys to do us proud.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I agree with you on the captain, i want the forward to concentrate on scoring goals, not organising the team. A captain shiuld be a midfield player imo.

Maybe a different captain would have stopped Kane taking the second penalty.
Should come from the manager pre match, that if the team gets more than one penalty then another penalty taker steps up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMG-20221211-WA0004.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20221211-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20221211-WA0005.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 23

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Call me a mentalist conspiracy theorist if you like, but this tournament has been rigged from the start for Messi & Argentina to win it. Wouldn't even be surprised if it was agreed as part of the terms of getting him to PSG.
Dunno about that but with FIFA who knows. IMHO just shite officials. So many poor decisions in this tournament, last night was a joke

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

I didn't think the ref was great but ultimately it was three moments of quality/non quality that cost us. The strike for the first goal, the cross for the second and Kane channeling Waddle on the second penalty.

I'm sure there are plenty of smug pricks all over this thread but I have no intention of reading it, just needed somewhere to get my basic thoughts out.

f***! f***ing football how does it still manage to do this to you?!
Yup, I'm with you. I'm also not reading this thread to avoid the gloating and the "told-you-so's". It was a good performance that ultimately wasn't good enough. That's football, only one team can win a tournament, the rest get knocked out somewhere along the way.

Ah well, onwards and upwards. Really hope Southgate stays, I can't think of any one better - remembering that this is international management we're talking about, not club management.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here