[Football] World Cup - Day Three

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The refs do appear reluctant to allow any subs on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yesterday’s performance and result against Iran is looking better by the minute.
Indeed. I reckon all the teams in the tournament will have at least one game where they play well - even Qatar. And I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see Iran beat one of the other two teams in our group.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Saudis there in big numbers, the Tunisians in massive numbers.

It's not like there aren't massive numbers of arabs who are into football, so why the f**k have they given this tournament to the one arab nation that isn't interested?
I'd love a north African world cup, I think that would be brilliant. Vibrant culture, passionate fans and in a part of the world that would attract large numbers of fans from all over the world.

Morocco bid for the 2026 one but lost out to the Canada/U.S/Mexico bid which while it'll be a good world cup for the fans I can't help but feel is a bit undeserving. It'll be Mexico's 3rd time and the U.S's second while Africa has had one in total.

Apparently Morocco are bidding again for 2030. Hopefully they'll get it this time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd love a north African world cup, I think that would be brilliant. Vibrant culture, passionate fans and in a part of the world that would attract large numbers of fans from all over the world.

Morocco bid for the 2026 one but lost out to the Canada/U.S/Mexico bid which while it'll be a good world cup for the fans I can't help but feel is a bit undeserving. It'll be Mexico's 3rd time and the U.S's second while Africa has had one in total.

Apparently Morocco are bidding again for 2030. Hopefully they'll get it this time.
Yes, a Morocco or Morocco/Tunisia joint bid would be great. I'd say an Australian bid needs to be considered at some point too. Ridiculous that Qatar was chosen over their bid.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I'm so glad that most of the matches so far are either fixed or just plain shite by the sounds of it. :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes, a Morocco or Morocco/Tunisia joint bid would be great. I'd say an Australian bid needs to be considered at some point too. Ridiculous that Qatar was chosen over their bid.

Australia are normally excellent hosts.

Wouldn’t the time difference be an issue for footballs biggest market areas?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Peter Walton is an absolute clown, a penalty for that? It’s rebounded and hit his arm in a running motion…

What on earth are these ‘professionals’ paid for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports