[Football] World Cup - Day Three

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Gotcha!!!!!!!!! 🤣

Leaving Messi on for the whole 110 minutes will find him struggling physically for the rest of the tournament.

So glad I left this filth alone. I would have backed Argentina if it was a real World Cup.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has to be better than De Paul, who was shocking playing Ali Mac’s role.
What were they thinking?

de paul.jpg

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I think Emi Martinez was still concussed after being hit by a ball in the 90th minute at the Amex, Sunday before last. Were the correct protocols followed?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As a side issue, the last Argentina off-side illustrates the need for a rule change. He was offside because part of his arm was in front.

Surely it's time to only consider the feet positioning in offside decisions?
The proposed change which I think will come through in a year or two is that as long as any part of the player is onside, he's onside. A good change imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thomas Delaney up next for Denmark - there's a name I haven't heard for a while (and I don't mean Denmark). We were in for him a few years ago, weren't we? I wonder how that would have worked out - Albion superstar or a bit meh?

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thomas Delaney up next for Denmark - there's a name I haven't heard for a while (and I don't mean Denmark). We were in for him a few years ago, weren't we? I wonder how that wuld have worked out - Albion superstar or a bit meh?
Always been solid everywhere and think he would have done a great job, but no better than Ali MAc & Caicedo.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thomas Delaney up next for Denmark - there's a name I haven't heard for a while (and I don't mean Denmark). We were in for him a few years ago, weren't we? I wonder how that wuld have worked out - Albion superstar or a bit meh?
He’s been a bit of a Davy Pröpper every time I’ve seen him play.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was 10 in 2002 when France lost to Senegal, plus i was at a wedding. I think this is my first major shock at a world cup.

I f***ing love a shock when it's not my team on the end of it!

Who needs Newcastle when your actual country can do for the Argies?

Where does this rank in the great world cup shocks?

The biggest of my time was Cameroon beating the reigning world champions Argentina in 1990. Does this match it? Better it? Up there with North Korea in 66?

This is a huge shock, no doubting it. I just wish it wasn’t the first group game and meant that it put Argentina out.

How about Slovakia beating Italy 3-2 in 2010 and actually knocking them out (or stopping them progressing out of the groups stages as it was the last game- so effectively the same thing).

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Well the Argentina v Saudi Arabia game has for me ignited this World Cup, what a game that was, fantastic result for such a small nation with limited international football exposure.
I love it when the big boys get a spanking.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gotcha!!!!!!!!! 🤣

Leaving Messi on for the whole 110 minutes will find him struggling physically for the rest of the tournament.

So glad I left this filth alone. I would have backed Argentina if it was a real World Cup.

I didn’t get the mass backing of them

The defence is rancid, arguably worse than ours.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The proposed change which I think will come through in a year or two is that as long as any part of the player is onside, he's onside. A good change imo.
Any goal scoring part of the body is offside. I think it's a really good idea.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Saudis there in big numbers, the Tunisians in massive numbers.

It's not like there aren't massive numbers of arabs who are into football, so why the f**k have they given this tournament to the one arab nation that isn't interested?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I can see Tunisia doing something from a set piece here, they’ve started really well. But they’re all very big lads. They all look 6’3+ in defence and midfield.

Ps did you see their left sided centre back’s touch running back towards his own goal, then clearance? Beautiful defending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports