Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Three

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
This is a really scrappy game, quite boring to watch. If any of these tackles make contact I can see a red being produced at some point.
Nice second from Argentina.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are the commentators watching a different game it looked off side and correctly given

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Correction, VAR getting involved again.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Despite conceding a penalty, VAR's been the best Saudi defender so far.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Despite conceding a penalty, VAR's been the best Saudi defender so far.
That's a little disingenuous, Arsenal won the league playing a high line. Have to say the defence is playing a straight line.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think I've ever seen so many offsides in a game before. It's literally every attack.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Another 3 rolls and a moan, they really are a hard watch.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Funny how they remembered when Iran got a much softer penalty in the very same match.
Oh, absolutely - it was shocking.

But I wouldn't rule out that VAR ref being given a half-time "reminder" about how these are supposed to be officiated now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Itv creaming themselves over everything the Argies are doing yet nothing about the Saudi's playing well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's a little disingenuous, Arsenal won the league playing a high line. Have to say the defence is playing a straight line.
Spot on and agree that all the decisions have been correct. The Saudis have certainly been second-best but have defended with discipline and look lively going forward. 1-0 is about right IMO.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
that was a strange half. I am usually quite good at analysing games I like to think, but I can’t really tell if Argentina are off the pace or KSA are much better than I realised.

Either way, I find Argentina’s gamesmanship so frustrating. They’d be such a better a side if they just played their game without constantly trying to cheat for an advantage. In a match like this, it *should* be entirely unnecessary.

It makes me think they’re feeling the pace out there and are finding this a lot tougher than they expected. To be screaming out when tackled, rolling around trying to get KSA players booked, the usual Argentinian stuff - frankly it’s pretty desperate for a group game against Saudi Arabia…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here