Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Five

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Arsehole (or not) - wonderful goal
Yes but throwing himself so far in the air I thought the shock might kill him, after all the slightest touch causes unknown amounts of pain and screaming.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hate him. Horrid thug.
Donating literally tons of food to poor people, helped 500 families that were f***ed in a flooding, invests money in corona research at some university in Brazil, is the ONLY Brazilian player taking a stand against Bolsonaro.

Few know about all the things he does all the time though because he's not doing it for PR, he's doing it because he wants to help.

Horrid thug.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Donating literally tons of food to poor people, helped 500 families that were f***ed in a flooding, invests money in corona research at some university in Brazil, is the ONLY Brazilian player taking a stand against Bolsonaro.

Few know about all the things he does all the time though because he's not doing it for PR, he's doing it because he wants to help.

Horrid thug.
That may be true as unlike Ronaldo, he seems a decent person off the pitch. Are we not allowed to pour vitriol at football players for their on the pitch behaviour?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Richarlison that played for Everton played like a petulant Scouser and the one that’s playing tonight just scored a Copacabana Beach football goal. It takes a lot of ability to do both.

And @Swansman is right, he’s actually a decent human being

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That may be true as unlike Ronaldo, he seems a decent person off the pitch. Are we not allowed to pour vitriol at football players for their on the pitch behaviour?
You're allowed to do whatever the f*** you want and I'm allowed to say whatever I feel about it.

For me he can Maupay on the pitch all day long as long as he's a brilliant, brilliant man off the pitch.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As far as the football's concerned, it's a shooting gallery at the moment.

It's not been a complete performance like England and Spain put in, but Brazil have finished strongly.

Plenty of quality on their bench.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well I've heard you lot moan for three months about how immoral, greedy, dirty everyone in football is and then there's one bloke who by all accounts is a brilliant man and he gets called a "horrid thug" and "horrible person".
As said it’s a football match …so comments are made about players in that match …how they play and what their football ‘personality’ is…..ever been physically at a game when he’s been involved? I doubt it…..sorry but in my opinion Swannice there is a dimension from the terraces that i’m not sure you’ve experienced…maybe I’m wrong….all said in a conciliatory manner

ps I dont see him as horrid or a thug on the pitch…..petulant and at times a cheat seem more appropriate….seems a bit different under Conte

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As said it’s a football match …so comments are made about players in that match …how they play and what their football ‘personality’ is…..ever been physically at a game when he’s been involved? I doubt it…..sorry but in my opinion Swannice there is a dimension from the terraces that i’m not sure you’ve experienced…maybe I’m wrong….all said in a conciliatory manner
I think the issue is that Richarlison is half Inigo Calderon and half Neal Maupay

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You can’t see there being a match where Brazil dont score
Brazil's 22 shots with 8 on target and 2 goals. Hit the post and bar as well. A potential QF with Spain looks intriguing already.

Serbia were hyped up before the game, but they never laid a glove on Brazil and didn't have a shot on target. Disappointing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the issue is that Richarlison is half Inigo Calderon and half Neal Maupay
Maybe……note I’ve amended my post slightly…..anyway let’s move on…(or we could talk about that lovely person Neymar lol) games over …Brazil’s forward line looks a bit special

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well we're all different. Off-pitch behaviour means a lot to how I feel about players. But maybe there's one or two here who doesn't give a shit and would love to have someone like Mason Greenwood up front, think he could score a goal or two. Not for me though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Richarlison that played for Everton played like a petulant Scouser and the one that’s playing tonight just scored a Copacabana Beach football goal. It takes a lot of ability to do both.

And @Swansman is right, he’s actually a decent human being
Bit like Grealish really. Irritating sod on the pitch, a real beacon of happiness to disabled kids off it.

Always important to separate the player from the character.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here