Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Five

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well we're all different. Off-pitch behaviour means a lot to how I feel about players. But maybe there's one or two here who doesn't give a shit and would love to have someone like Mason Greenwood up front, think he could score a goal or two. Not for me though.
i don’t think many would ignore off field behaviour…..good or bad….but as said we are talking about what’s being done on the pitch and their on field reputation

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well we're all different. Off-pitch behaviour means a lot to how I feel about players. But maybe there's one or two here who doesn't give a shit and would love to have someone like Mason Greenwood up front, think he could score a goal or two. Not for me though.
Not so for me. As said above, I think Jack Grealish is a fabulous kid. On the pitch he annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Donating literally tons of food to poor people, helped 500 families that were f***ed in a flooding, invests money in corona research at some university in Brazil, is the ONLY Brazilian player taking a stand against Bolsonaro.

Few know about all the things he does all the time though because he's not doing it for PR, he's doing it because he wants to help.

Horrid thug.
Just dipping into the thread, I assume you're taking about Richarlison? Goes back home with loads of kit for the local kids too I once read. I thought I noticed him not taking part in the National Anthem or putting his hand on his heart. Wondered if it was a Bolsonaro protest.

I only learnt today that Neymar is a big Bolsonaro supporter. That didn't surprise me in the least.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just dipping into the thread, I assume you're taking about Richarlison? Goes back home with loads of kit for the local kids too I once read. I thought I noticed him not taking part in the National Anthem or putting his hand on his heart. Wondered if it was a Bolsonaro protest.

I only learnt today that Neymar is a big Bolsonaro supporter. That didn't surprise me in the least.
Put Neymar in with Ronaldo.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I suspect his character on the pitch is probably driven by the strong desire to succeed. Not surprising given hos background. I think there might bean argument that his high foot made defender duck out the way so should it have stood?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

It is an open secret that Bolsonaro offered high-profile Brazilian players less taxes if they gave him their public support.

As far as I know, the only current high-profile player to speak out against him is Richarlison and the only older one to do it is Juninho.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Richarlison = punchable face, bit of a cheater on the pitch, superb footballer on his day, does what we would all like to do if we had shitloads of money we don't really need (do some good with it). Like him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richarlison = punchable face, bit of a cheater on the pitch, superb footballer on his day, does what we would all like to do if we had shitloads of money we don't really need (do some good with it). Like him.
That was one of the best goals I have ever seen. The guy is a cheating shithead but credit it where it’s due.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Goes back home with loads of kit for the local kids too
But which kit?

The canarinho has been completely appropriated by the Bolsonaristas egged on by Bolsonaro - it’s always been politicised at points in Brazil’s political history but it now has come to symbolise the Bolsonaro Dictatorship in Brazil and the left or moderates will be hard pushed to ‘claim’ back the national shirt for progressives - if Trumpian-Brazillian politics are anything to go by and the way things are going, Brazil could end up wearing the home or away kit at the next WC based on who is in power, not where they are playing!

Fantastic 2nd goal by Richarlison!

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Donating literally tons of food to poor people, helped 500 families that were f***ed in a flooding, invests money in corona research at some university in Brazil, is the ONLY Brazilian player taking a stand against Bolsonaro.

Few know about all the things he does all the time though because he's not doing it for PR, he's doing it because he wants to help.

Horrid thug.

*Yawn* so glad you’re here to tell us how wrong we are. Truly honoured to have you. It’s possible for horrible people to do nice things. I’m allowed to hate who I want and I want to hate him for his actions in the pitch.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s a bit of a shame several people decided to shit up the thread in the last few pages.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
But which kit?

The canarinho has been completely appropriated by the Bolsonaristas egged on by Bolsonaro - it’s always been politicised at points in Brazil’s political history but it now has come to symbolise the Bolsonaro Dictatorship in Brazil and the left or moderates will be hard pushed to ‘claim’ back the national shirt for progressives - if Trumpian-Brazillian politics are anything to go by and the way things are going, Brazil could end up wearing the home or away kit at the next WC based on who is in power, not where they are!
In the news this morning
https://news.sky.com/story/world-cu...ow-hats-12752191?postid=4931927#liveblog-body

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So once again no Iranian pundit on the TV panel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here