[Football] World Cup - Day Five

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would be good to see both Uruguay and Portugal fail to get a result today. Their game against each other next week could end up being tasty: Perhaps rivalling Portugal's 2006 scrap with the Netherlands, their 2000 meltdown after Zidane's golden goal winner or perhaps even"the most stupid, appalling, disgusting and disgraceful exhibition of football, possibly in the history of the game," David Coleman, Santiago 1962
Not to mention Portugal's cunning plan to beat Brazil in 1966 (it involved Pele, and it it would have hurt a lot!)

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Blimey. It must be a shite World Cup if the only talking point is Urugay's dark arts.

So glad I'm missing all this immoral crap. :ROFLMAO:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Oooh, Uruguay hit the post. Time for them to get annoyed and bite a few of the Parks and Kims.
And Danny Murphy says, “I always wonder why they don’t count shots that hit the post or crossbar as on target.” The Co-commentator explained that it is because it isn’t on target. He replied, well it kind of is!
🤦🏼‍♂️

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
https://thefootballfaithful.com/man-utd-join-the-race-to-sign-south-korean-world-cup-star/ ‘Brighton and Fulham have also expressed interest, though would face a challenge to persuade Min-jae to leave a title-chasing Napoli team without the lure of European football.’ Probably b*locks but who knows

If the WC is a shop window, then we're a club likely to sell our players for top dollar if they end up excelling there. Equally though, there will be loads of players who have a shit tournament but are actually quite good. THOSE are the players we're likely to buy!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Are you missing it? I wish you'd tell us.

On every single world cup thread ideally.
I’m looking forward to seeing a similar post again later on today, then again this evening. Then 3/4 times tomorrow and every thread until the end of the tournament.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://thefootballfaithful.com/man-utd-join-the-race-to-sign-south-korean-world-cup-star/ ‘Brighton and Fulham have also expressed interest, though would face a challenge to persuade Min-jae to leave a title-chasing Napoli team without the lure of European football.’ Probably b*locks but who knows
Yes I think he is currently the best CB in the world so that would be a bit surprising.

Annoyed I can barely watch the games today... need to write 20 000 words in about 24h. Hope all the games are shite.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You're not though, you're on this thread, engaging with what is going on, which by definition means you're not boycotting the World Cup :thumbsup:
Glancing away from the TV to post, maybe

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Korea have been the much better side here.

Suarez looked like a park footballer
I'm not sure there's much in it, personally, which is to be expected. South Korea have been a proper football nation for decades now and have earned the right to be considered as much. I'd have been surprised if they'd been shit.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not sure there's much in it, personally, which is to be expected. South Korea have been a proper football nation for decades now and have earned the right to be considered as much. I'd have been surprised if they'd been shit.

I think I was maybe expecting more from Uruguay with the talent and experience they have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports