Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work place overused sayings

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seven years out of the grind and the same crap is being spouted...... and Im embarrassed to say I used quite a few of them.

One of my favourites that someone I know used which is nto used much now (or ever) was 'Dont FUBAR it!' FUBAR, when translated has such a punch! :)

Seven years out of the grind and the same crap is being spouted...... and Im embarrassed to say I used quite a few of them.

One of my favourites that someone I know used which is nto used much now (or ever) was 'Dont FUBAR it!' FUBAR, when translated has such a punch! :)

..SNAFU is another good one!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"Let's take this offline."

You what? I didn't realise we were online, I thought we were just in a meeting.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
'Forward planning' - which, incidentally, is a tautology.

I don't say 'close of play', I actually says 'stumps'. I don't know if it annoys people, but it does confuse them.

One of our editors has an enormous list of over-used sayings. Many are already listed here; a few - well, I feel I'd have to gnaw my fist rather than type them in.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Having worked in IT (*** an acronym ***) for many years, I found that if someone used loads of acronyms, it often meant that they did not have a clue what they were talking about. So watch out for those who overuse acronyms, particularly techies talking to non-techies.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Having worked in IT (*** an acronym ***) for many years, I found that if someone used loads of acronyms, it often meant that they did not have a clue what they were talking about. So watch out for those who overuse acronyms, particularly techies talking to non-techies.

PEDANT ALERT.

I think you'll find IT is an initialism rather than an acronym, unless you pronounce it like the word "it".

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
"Let's take this offline."

You what? I didn't realise we were online, I thought we were just in a meeting.

I work in a marketing (read PR) agency,

We take a lot of things ''offline'', we also ''Utilize'' a lot or ''pushback for seamless top down experiences''. I personally enjoy ''Benchmark optimization'' or ''touching base''. All works towards ''adding value to our best practices'',

There's no I in team

(But there's a u in ****)

295308_10152482463005022_1428827316_n.jpg

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I used to work for a large well known organisation, and it was decided we would start working much more closely with the Geneva office. There was a big strategy meeting by conference call. Apparently the Geneva end got very confused when one of the big wigs told them that we "Weren't going to try and boil the sea". They were also a bit perturbed later in the meeting when someone mentioned the "Elephant in the room"!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When helping people with the more technical side of things at my last job, there would be different issues.

Two of my favourites being a PEBKAC and an ID:10T Error.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If it's not on the "roadmap" then you shouldn't be doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here