Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words to Sussex by the Sea going up on the big screens!!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was a bit disappointing. I thought most of the crowd ignored it. I think they should play it for longer so all the verses could be sung, or at least more than one.

I suspect much of the crowd wasn't expecting it.

It seems to have well received around me in the ESU. Although one wag suggested that 'Stand or fall' should be etched in the last line. I agree.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'd like to have an opinion on this but unfortunately, I couldn't hear the music cos of all the Wolves fans laughing,pointing, and calling us tinpot. I may never live down the shame

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It'll take a few games, but I think it'll work.

It's crazy that there are three different versions being sung at the same time (more if you count all the variations with der der der in and around), so I'm looking forward to everyone singing it together some time soon.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It was well worth it to hear stand or fall being sung + I saw several kids clearly reading and trying to sing the words for the first time.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'd like to have an opinion on this but unfortunately, I couldn't hear the music cos of all the Wolves fans laughing, and calling us tinpot. I may never live down the shame
This. I have never been so EMBARRASSED in my entire life.

Palace doing us in the play offs was bad but nothing like I felt today as those words came up on the screens.

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
Thought it was well received once people realised the words were up on the screen. I never thought it would create miracles after just one game, but I definitely think today was a positive and a step in the right direction!

Funny how some are claiming it's "embarrassing", yet no Wolves fan have mentioned it on Twitter, funny that!!!

Long may it continue!!!... until we all know it off by heart and are singing it loudly, and proudly like a crowd at the Millennium Stadium.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd like to have an opinion on this but unfortunately, I couldn't hear the music cos of all the Wolves fans laughing,pointing, and calling us tinpot. I may never live down the shame

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh there, there precious. You just ignore what the nasty boys were saying :cry:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh there, there precious. You just ignore what the nasty boys were saying :cry:

I would ignore it, but it has cut too deep.
I'm afraid the only answer is to start drinking heavily, and step into the billiard room with my loaded service revolver

Goodbye cruel world

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Complete waste of time. Everyone round me just sang the 'going up to win the cup' version.
Did you enjoy singing the magnificent "Now is the time for marching" and "You may tell them all we stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea" ....?

Persevere and those around you will catch on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did you enjoy singing the magnificent "Now is the time for marching" and "You may tell them all we stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea" ....?

Persevere and those around you will catch on.

I learned the words - the proper words - in Primary School where we sang it regularly. I'm probably one of about 10 people who's sung the verse in the past. I'm not going back to the "proper" words when I've got a hundred people or more round me belting out the version we know from the Goldstone North Stand.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
This. I have never been so EMBARRASSED in my entire life.

Palace doing us in the play offs was bad but nothing like I felt today as those words came up on the screens.

My word, if that's the most embarrassed you have been, you really must have led a sheltered existence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here