Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Worcestershire Sauce.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I recently read an article by a Spanish journalist on the British obsession with sauces. It was fairly scathing overall but conceded that Worcestershire Sauce was rather special. His take on HP and Colman's mustard was less than complimentary.

On a related note, years ago I was out with a group of Spaniards when one asked how to say barquito (a bit of bread used to mop up sauce) in English. As I pondered an appropriate translation one of them asserted that we didn't have a word because the English don't have sauce :ffsparr: I had to politely point out that their word meaning to dip, dipear, is an anglicism.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I put it in advocados after cutting them in half

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
used to use it on cheesy beans on toast. Then i discovered this. Sorry Worcestershire, your day is done...

View attachment 122468

This looks quality plus they have lots of other excellent looking (and amusingly named) sauces on their site at 3 for £10.

Ordered 3 which worked out at £12.50 inc delivery with the discount code that anyone can use.

Nice one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mrs Mellotron does this meal - chicken breast, stuffed with cottage cheese, wrapped in parma ham, soaked in Lea & Perrin's and chinese five spice then put in tin foil, served with homemade chips and veg.

It's fookin gorgeous.

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
This looks quality plus they have lots of other excellent looking (and amusingly named) sauces on their site at 3 for £10.

Ordered 3 which worked out at £12.50 inc delivery with the discount code that anyone can use.

Nice one.

I've been a customer of theirs for many years now. It's superb stuff. I won't say 'hope you like it' because that's guaranteed!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No, once you've had Henderson's Relish, you will never go back. Henderson's is also vegetarian whereas the Worcester stuff isn't.

We buy a box full every time we go to visit the inlaws. Hoarders R Us!

Or how about yes, you may like Hendersons relish but some people may prefer Worcester Sauce.
I prefer Worcester Sauce ( if that's ok with you) because I like the difference the Anchovies make.
Hendersons is a relish, Worcester Sauce is a condiment, two different things, the thread is about Worcester Sauce, do you like it and what do you put it on, answer yes or no.
If you want to talk about Hendersons Relish then start a favourite relish thread.
I don't suppose the fact that Hendersons is a Yorkshire product has anything to do with it, next you will be telling us that Yorkshire Tea is actually grown in Yorkshire and not the dust swept up off the floor in a tea factory in Sri Lanka or wherever they buy their tea from.
This is straight out of the Geoffrey Boycott Yorkshire manual.

Jul 7, 2003
Lea & Perrins used to sell a tomato and Worcestershire Sauce which was great on bacon sandwich - not as sharp as brown sauce but with more kick than ketchup.

It disappeared from the shelves a few years ago so I now make my own by taking a bottle of ketchup, removing around a quarter of the contents and then adding in the Worcestershire sauce. Lovely!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or how about yes, you may like Hendersons relish but some people may prefer Worcester Sauce.
I prefer Worcester Sauce ( if that's ok with you) because I like the difference the Anchovies make.
Hendersons is a relish, Worcester Sauce is a condiment, two different things, the thread is about Worcester Sauce, do you like it and what do you put it on, answer yes or no.
If you want to talk about Hendersons Relish then start a favourite relish thread.
I don't suppose the fact that Hendersons is a Yorkshire product has anything to do with it, next you will be telling us that Yorkshire Tea is actually grown in Yorkshire and not the dust swept up off the floor in a tea factory in Sri Lanka or wherever they buy their tea from.

First of all Henderson's is a condiment, so the name is irrelevant.
What you prefer is your business, I didn't say you couldn't have a choice.

I couldn't give a stuff about Yorkshire products, and certainly don't buy Yorkshire tea. It's PG Tips for me all the way. I married a Yorkshireman but that's as far as it goes to supporting anything Yorkshire.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Out of desperation, I bought the Czech version once :down:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Put it on chips

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

Brutal response deserving of an apology.

As a previous poster said, there's room in the world for both. Only on NSC could there be a need for condiment mediation. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here