Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women’s WC Final - who is watching?

Women’s WC Final - are you going to watch?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would like him to tell my 9 year old daughter what he thinks
Your 9 year old daughter has got more sense in her little finger than him, who wouldn’t listen in any case.
Be proud of her.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Indeed. More people watched women football in 1919, than men’. 1920 women’s football was banned.
Uhm. Genuine question. I'm well aware women's football used to be extremely popular and they were, ridiculously, banned for decades. But weren't a lot of men otherwise engaged in 1919? Hardly a normal year to gauge things from.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Uhm. Genuine question. I'm well aware women's football used to be extremely popular and they were, ridiculously, banned for decades. But weren't a lot of men otherwise engaged in 1919? Hardly a normal year to gauge things from.
Not in 1919. I suspect most were home then.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not in 1919. I suspect most were home then.
Well, quite a lot weren't but, yes, brain fart on my part! Obviously though the war played a huge role in the growth of the women's game at that stage of history.

Anyway, enjoyed the first half today. The second not so much as England really didn't string much together. No doubt the better team won.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The whole thing over the last couple days have seen media driven arrogance and near hysteria. For example, which Orders and Honours await Wiegman and the team as WC winners. Way beyond the optimism from punters.

It’s cringeworthy. Exactly the same as when mens teams progress through tournaments.

Little wonder the Celtic nations love it when we crash out.
I see it slightly differently - Hope and positivity are pretty good things in my book, I don't generally see any 'arrogance'. (The BBC are getting excited about 'KJT' right now, all a bit much but it's fine, roll with it!) I do get a bit bored with the hysteria bit, can't turn on the radio/tv/bbc site without it being talked about, that doesn't help my nerves :) .

If the 'celtic' nations get up in arms? Just remind them that there's more 'celtic' DNA in English people and that the idea of Celtic culture is 18th century invention...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why? It's perfectly acceptable for people on here to say they aren't interested in the men's team but uncceptable to say they aren't interested in the womens.
Time and place, I mean what is the point in opening a topic specifically about Women's football to tell people you aren't interested in it? Do you open the Wordle thread to tell is a stupid old guessing game?

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Time and place, I mean what is the point in opening a topic specifically about Women's football to tell people you aren't interested in it? Do you open the Wordle thread to tell is a stupid old guessing game?
No I open the Daily Mail.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The thread is about who is watching? This would encourage differences of opinion, I would suggest this isn't a thread for those who cannot manage this train of thought. You will see that I have not nailed my colour to any mast.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I half watched, whilst doing the ironing.

Respect and all that. 🙄

I have enough blouses for 3 weeks at work. 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here