Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women are a disgrace. Ban them from the roads.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Danny Seagull said:
Women on the whole, drive safer. Why do you think there's no such phrase as "girl racers".

Nor the phrase Men Racers.
So that's that argument out of the window.

Women are shit drivers. Simple as.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Artois said:
Nor the phrase Men Racers.
So that's that argument out of the window.

Women are shit drivers. Simple as.

:lol: :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is another thread that's come up before.

Statistically, the worse drivers are not women or OAPs but young men - that's why insurance premiums are so much higher for blokes.

IMHO (and I speak as a cyclist who's had many encounters with wayward motorists) men and women make different errors. My pet bugbear with women is a refusal to use indicators and the propensity to switch lanes without looking (they do both far more than men).

On the other hand, they are less prone to drive recklessly, don't tend to bust the speed limit and observe more right of way signs. Male drivers seem to think they have the right of way coming on to a main road if it's only a cyclist coming towards them,

Give me women drivers any time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I tend to agree with the above.

My only issue with drivers ( women or men) are those who do not anticipate what is coming up in front.

How many times have you driven along the seafront by the King Allfred and you have seen 200 yard in front a car double parkeed. Toodling along on the inside lane is someone and you know damn well they are going to get to within 2 yards of the car and then pull out in front of you....andf its all your fault.

TOSSERS

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I tend to agree with the above.

My only issue with drivers ( women or men) are those who do not anticipate what is coming up in front.

How many times have you driven along the seafront by the King Allfred and you have seen 200 yard in front a car double parkeed. Toodling along on the inside lane is someone and you know damn well they are going to get to within 2 yards of the car and then pull out in front of you....andf its all your fault.

TOSSERS

Gets my goat aswell, i always try to prevent someone pulling out like that in the hope that it may stop them doing it again.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am trying to unsubscribe from this thread and this seems to be the only way to do it.

Beware of women drivers at night. I think they are worst than men.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so do I, but Mrs Dave the Gaffer gets a tad tetchy if I do that

as in "grow up you twat"

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
A few days ago I was behind a man, on his mobile, driving erratically. He approached a red light, hesitated, then drove straight over whilst it was still red, still on his mobile. Great driving!

Artois said:
I was stuck behind a woman this morning doing 30 in a 40 dual carriageway. This shouldn't be a problem but she was in the outside lane and refused to move over. :glare:

Pass on the inside then. Despite what people think it is totally legal as long as you continue on the inside for 1/4 mile as all you are doing is proceeding at a speed suitable for the road conditions. It is switching lanes simply in order to pass that is illegal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fran Hagarty said:
A few days ago I was behind a man, on his mobile, driving erratically. He approached a red light, hesitated, then drove straight over whilst it was still red, still on his mobile. Great driving!

Driving and using a mobile - men very much more than women, that one.

Can I also say that the majority of people who now tailgate me are women. And this is actually true. I used to drive for a living about 18 years ago and it was alway men then, not now.

I think men speed more but women are certainly catching up in the wanker driver stakes.

And I would argue about the mobile phone use whilst driving as well. In my experience it's about equal.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I don't remember this!

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
hans kraay fan club said:
Driving and using a mobile - men very much more than women, that one.

Agreed. Also shaving whilst driving. Some bloke along the seafront in Hove. Everytime we got to a red light, the bloke in the car behind would start shaving.

Incidentally, I'm a woman, I've never crashed, had a speeding ticket, or even had a parking fine. Some of my male friends have written off over 3 cars each after driving only 2 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ginadim said:

Incidentally, I'm a woman, I've never crashed, had a speeding ticket, or even had a parking fine.

Talk about tempting fate. That was brave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here