Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£2m + addons in Jan is my guess. I'll be shocked if he is still here in Feb

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I suspect that rumour started on NSC or on the Tuesday discussion on The Argus website. Probably little more to it than that.

Andy Naylor has been hinting at a move so Dunk may well be going - he's certainly a talent. But would be odd for a Prem club to buy a player in January that wasn't going to directly affect the rest of their season. So either the buying club (if there was one) would plan to play him straight away, which means it could be a club like Wolves, or they are buying him to stop other clubs getting their hands on him - in which case it could be anyone.

But January transfers are not normally by clubs investing in the future - Jan transfers are normally about squad enhancement and bolstering the first team. Unless Naylor has some inside knowledge, I'd be surprised in Dunk moved. I'd be more surprised if he went for £5m - although I have no doubt that one day in his career he will go for far more than that.

Edit: Possible scenario - Player swap plus dolla from a larger club with surplus players who might help the rest of our campaign?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Dunk will go for about 750k I reckon, 1 million tops. There is no way he'll go for anything like five million unless someone like Man City or Chelsea are interested, simply hasn't played enough games to be valued any higher IMO.

Stumpy Tim

Dunk will go for about 750k I reckon, 1 million tops. There is no way he'll go for anything like five million unless someone like Man City or Chelsea are interested, simply hasn't played enough games to be valued any higher IMO.

WHy on EARTH would we sell one of our brightest talents for £750k? That's way more ridiculous than £5m.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A tough call, he's worth more to us than perhaps his market value would appear. I can't see some of the figures on this thread coming to fruitation for a 20 year old with only a handful of first team starts, however good we know he could be.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

It would be complete madness to see Dunk for £750K. He is worth a lot, lot more than that and if a team is not prepared to pay fair value they can look elsewhere. We no longer need to sell.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Dunk won't go for about 750k I reckon, 1 million tops. There is no way he'll go for anything like five million unless someone like Man City or Chelsea are interested, simply hasn't played enough games to be valued any higher IMO so we'll either get a can't be ignored offer or we'll keep him (because it's not a fire sale).

Corrected for you.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It would be complete madness to see Dunk for £750K. He is worth a lot, lot more than that and if a team is not prepared to pay fair value they can look elsewhere. We no longer need to sell.

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. I don’t think we’ll sell him in January but IF we did I feel that’s all that would be offered, given his relative inexperience.

I for one hope we keep him as he has slotted very nicely into the team in a fairly short space of time and can only get better, if he has aspirations beyond the Albion then another season with us will up his price tag and alert bigger clubs to him which can only be better for all parties concerned.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The £5m valuation is something that has been generally quoted in the national papers. Spurs have been watching Dunk since that pre-season friendly. My money is on him going there.

With Man City and Chelsea also linked, i think Wolves would not be a good option for the player at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One area we've never struggled to develop good players is at CB.

If Dunk moves on, and it would clearly only happen at a very attractive price, (upwards of £3m), that still leaves us with El Abd and Greer as first choice, with Cook ready to step up.

In development we have Hall, who is rated higher than Cook by some, and the hugely promising youth team captain Tom Vickers.

For immediate back-up we have Vincelot, Calderon and Painter.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
On what basis is Dunk worth £5million. He has played 30 games in his entire career...

On exactly that basis! He has what in racing parlance is called "scope" (for improvement.) If he was a veteran of 200 appearances he'd be worth a fraction of his current value.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We sell Dunk for millions, then promote Cook.

Then we sell Cook and promote Hall.

Then we sell Hall and promote Vickers.

That's how it works.

Working on the rather insane basis that they'll all DEFINITELY be good enough. If just one of them isn't, that's where the plan falls down.

I've got a better plan.

1. Keep hold of your best players
2. Get to a higher league position due to keeping best players
3. Be in a position to buy even better players, due to improved league position
4. ???
5. Profit

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Well with Christmas fast approaching, we'll soon be in silly season as regards transfer rumours.

Let the madness begin.....

Michael Owen was just seen leaving the grand Hotel with Bloom, looked like Beckham and Heskey were there as well, but cant be sure, oh and Sol Campbel was rumoured to be in room 1023, but cant be confirmed, I wouldnt lie, honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here