Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves new Manager - the AntiPoyet?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In fairness Wolves have a recent history of not knowing what a pass was if it jumped up and bit them - wouldn't want to challenge the yamyams football perceptions too much ahead of the new season :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tippy tappy MOST of the time but with a plan B is better than no plan B....... think that's what he meant? Not that they're going to play hoof ball most of the time

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Using the during winter we might need to hoof it approach sounds like he's a bit clueless about the quality of pitches in this league.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm sure the Dog 'eads will be dancing in the streets of Merridale after hearing that! :lol:

I can actually foresee a clamour for Mick Mac to be reinstated if things don't start too promisingly for them. Frankly, I doubt if the owner & his cohorts could organise a piss-up at Banks's brewery if the truth be known. Shambles.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm sure the Dog 'eads will be dancing in the streets of Merridale after hearing that! :lol:

I can actually foresee a clamour for Mick Mac to be reinstated if things don't start too promisingly for them. Frankly, I doubt if the owner & his cohorts could organise a piss-up at Banks's brewery if the truth be known. Shambles.
According to a mate of mine Wolves fans are voting with their feet...

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
According to a mate of mine Wolves fans are voting with their feet... apparently season ticket sales are so poor that the new North Bank is going to be kept shut for the coming season - surely not?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least tbh. I guess that's what happens when you get an owner who supports Liverpool & seemingly knows very little about successfully running a football club. At least the Wolves supporters can be safe in the knowledge that the situation they find themselves in is somewhat less than unique these days (& they're no strangers to things going tits-up for those of us who can remember the club in the mid 80's).

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
According to a mate of mine Wolves fans are voting with their feet...

I think you are correct.

Every season Wolves have an 'earlybird' season ticket offer. This allows existing Season ticket holders to renew at a discounted rate. This year, the 'earlybird' offer was opened for general sale, rather than just to existing STH's - so, there must be some desperation in terms of ticket sales.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a fair point. We don't play like Spain in England because the weather is different, and there's less benefit from playing the Barcelona way. Fortunately there's more than one way, and that makes the game interesting.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Wolves are a team destined to fail in all they do. The way they treat their managers is symptomatic of their malaise. This new manager seems neanderthal to say the least; fits the bill really does't he? Need to play football to get promoted from Div 1 and the Championship these days. There is no place now for the hoof it brigade.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here