Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Which is ignoring the fact that we have definitely progressed under RDZ - not sure how anyone can argue otherwise? Injuries have not been kind to us this season.
“Injuries have not been kind to us this season” is an understatement. Nine players unavailable through injury last night,

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
He is a Sheffield Utd fan. He is very embarrassed about it though.
He’s a Chelsea plastic.
I know he first popped up on one of the Sheffield United threads, which would lead to the obvious conclusion that he supports them.
But he keeps popping back for another thing like some shit dark matter Columbo, so I've decided it doesn't really matter any which way.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Steele is nowhere near PL level worryingly we have a manager who doesn’t learn. Why play him he’s not the future of this club.
Secondly without the world class Mitoma who takes three players out of the game we plod along at walking pace making it easy for the opposition.
On this occasion with the injury list and with no clue how players would respond when they came back the Jan window had to be used to sign one or two experienced players to help the squad.
The lad Baleba runs around like a headless chicken I’m not quite sure what we have bought there he needs a loan that’s for sure. Ayari and Moran look way ahead of him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know he first popped up on one of the Sheffield United threads, which would lead to the obvious conclusion that he supports them.
But he keeps popping back for another thing like some shit dark matter Columbo, so I've decided it doesn't really matter any which way.

He was bleating when Chelsea were torn apart at Anfield. Plus masculine insecurity obsessing with the word “small”.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Because it was Steele who gave away the goal , it was his mistake , always difficult when you go one down so early in a match
then right at the end of the match he could of been a hero , but f—-ed that up as well , our best chance of The match ,
but saying that we never looked like equalising,
No doubt Steele dropped it, but Hecke made a major error in getting way to tight to bellegarde, and letting him run half the pitch, Pervis made a blunder to let lemina get in front of him.
They all made errors but for Steele to take the whole rap is just wrong, he has made a lot of important saves this season and if he hadn't we could be sitting much lower in the division.

Pete Skinner

Jan 27, 2024
Legend ? Seriously ?

Is he a Gary Hart, a Peter Ward ? A Steve Gritt? Even a player like Kuipers is more deserving of that kind of hyperbolic praise…

He was a decent coach and (like Poyet) fairly transformative, but at a higher level.

He’s also a mercenary gun for hire and in my eyes no better than BIG Sam and his ilk…

Potter fundamentally did less for us than Hughton, but seemingly gets lauded a ‘legend’ for being tactically pretty, he won nothing and created no tangible history beyond leading us to a (now) wholly irrelevant best placed top flight finish.

He’s not a legend really, is he?
Gun for hire? A much bigger club came knocking and he left. That’s not mercenary. I know I’ll get shot down but we’re a mid table PL (at best) and always will be. If a Chelsea or Liverpool come knocking who can blame him. Will you be calling RDZ a hired gun if he’s at Anfield next season? We’ve had some very average managers in the past and Potter ranks well above those.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Gun for hire? A much bigger club came knocking and he left. That’s not mercenary. I know I’ll get shot down but we’re a mid table PL (at best) and always will be. If a Chelsea or Liverpool come knocking who can blame him. Will you be calling RDZ a hired gun if he’s at Anfield next season? We’ve had some very average managers in the past and Potter ranks well above those.
Hmmmmm ... I'm sure Roberto will go, and maybe at the end of the season... you know, when it's way more sustainable for the club he's leaving... Potter couldn't wait to get away... He did the same in Sweden, the same in Swansea... he's a career coach, with the emphasis on 'his' ... he's also had plenty of time to express regret at letting his hubris and money cloud his judgement, but he'll never admit it... why? because he's evidently a narcissistic personality, who seriously believed he'd command respect from a dressing room full of even bigger narcissists, who play in front of one of the most entitled support bases this side of Old Trafford... It's actually laughable that he thought his York City CV would mean much to Thiago Silva et al... laughable.

What grinds my gears are the Potter revisionists, who claim that without Graham Roberto would have somehow floundered... absolute horse shit, both might have struggled without the Potter era recruitment hot streak, but Roberto would have played his football regardless... Potter given the injury problems/sales we've had this season would have had us about 15th.... Sure, Potter being about raised the profile of our club and for that we've clearly got to remain in his debt for an eternity... give me strength.

I say again - Potter is not an Albion legend, not even close - and if you were actually an Albion supporter you'd understand that.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You aren't a very interesting or effective troll. Have another go, and if you can't be honest, at least be amusing.....

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Hmmmmm ... I'm sure Roberto will go, and maybe at the end of the season... you know, when it's way more sustainable for the club he's leaving... Potter couldn't wait to get away... He did the same in Sweden, the same in Swansea... he's a career coach, with the emphasis on 'his' ... he's also had plenty of time to express regret at letting his hubris and money cloud his judgement, but he'll never admit it... why? because he's evidently a narcissistic personality, who seriously believed he'd command respect from a dressing room full of even bigger narcissists, who play in front of one of the most entitled support bases this side of Old Trafford... It's actually laughable that he thought his York City CV would mean much to Thiago Silva et al... laughable.

What grinds my gears are the Potter revisionists, who claim that without Graham Roberto would have somehow floundered... absolute horse shit, both might have struggled without the Potter era recruitment hot streak, but Roberto would have played his football regardless... Potter given the injury problems/sales we've had this season would have had us about 15th.... Sure, Potter being about raised the profile of our club and for that we've clearly got to remain in his debt for an eternity... give me strength.

I say again - Potter is not an Albion legend, not even close - and if you were actually an Albion supporter you'd understand that.
Hang on, if RDZ goes in the summer he will have done less than two full seasons.

Potter did three full seasons and a bit.

Yet you are claiming Potter couldn’t wait to get away. Sorry but that’s contradictory nonsense.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Who is "we're"?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Hang on, if RDZ goes in the summer he will have done less than two full seasons.

Potter did three full seasons and a bit.

Yet you are claiming Potter couldn’t wait to get away. Sorry but that’s contradictory nonsense.
It's not contradictory at all. Potter accepted an offer (almost certainly the first offer he had since joining Brighton) within 24 hours (supposedly), less than a quarter of the way through the season.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Yes. Work in progress as our improvement continued. Started by Potter - or still the devil incarnate?

Hard to believe how many sanctimoniously righteous people would have turned down a bigger, better - and much better paid - job that they'd been head-hunted for. Must be a lot of saints around, eh?
You're obsessed with Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here