Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Moises and Bissouma together makes all the difference.

In Moises 5 starts we've won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1. The draw and loss coincided with Bissouma being suspended.

Forget signing anyone in the summer and blow the budget on keeping Biss.

I totally agree if there is any way of pulling it off.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Not engaging with creeps, who even after an emphatic away victory have nothing better to do with their lives then try to want to get into an argument. It's a glorious Saturday in which we have won away from home again. Go get some fresh air.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

This is a team to be proud of. Ally Mac Cucoo Bissy Moises Dunky Velman Sanchez Welbz Marchie Mwepu all class Tross too!

Dec 29, 2011
I hate this sort of post, it's like an opposition post, never giving US the credit, Arsenal were bad, Spurs were bad, Wolves were bad etc etc,

I never say that, but in this instance they WERE bad, and we took advantage. You must have been able to see Wolves didn't press the ball well, get in to good positions, put much effort in to track back etc. All of these attributes are independent of our level of performance.

We can play well AND they can play badly. It's not mutually exclusive.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
What a wonderful result, a performance where it didn’t feel (from the Radio Sussex commentary) like the opposition had any sustained periods of superiority.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Almost certain that Biss is off; we just have to enjoy him for the last 3 matches. However, I loved his lack of celebration - that's how he is in matches. If you look up "game face" in the dictionary you'll see a picture of our Yves.
I think GP said a few days ago that BHA need to sell a player or two every season for mega bucks to progress higher up in the PL. If we can get higher in the league all should be good, even when favourite players leave.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Moises and Bissouma together makes all the difference.

In Moises 5 starts we've won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1. The draw and loss coincided with Bissouma being suspended.

Forget signing anyone in the summer and blow the budget on keeping Biss.

Let's at least make him an extension offer in line with the rest of the high earners now. Get him off that legacy contract, he deserves it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For all those who reckon Wolves were Gash, I guess they were asleep during the 15 mins in the first half where we went off the boil for a bit and were immediately put on the back foot ?

It's the Premier League FFS. No one is GASH, they can all play a bit :rolleyes:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is a team to be proud of. Ally Mac Cucoo Bissy Moises Dunky Velman Sanchez Welbz Marchie Mwepu all class Tross too!

There are some very very good footballers in the stripes these days, and you must have missed a couple because there were 14 very good players who appeared for the Albion today :wink:

And Biss may go (I'm not completely resigned to it yet, but if he does, it'll be the right price for us)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I suspect Undav will be taking over the Maupay role with him moving on. With GP's structure to swamp the midfield it seems we need very few strikers in his set ups.

Forward option I reckon next season will be Undav, maybe one new face, and Fergusson. Suspect Welbs and Maupay may move on, although would be happy for Welbs to get 1 more year.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I never say that, but in this instance they WERE bad, and we took advantage. You must have been able to see Wolves didn't press the ball well, get in to good positions, put much effort in to track back etc. All of these attributes are independent of our level of performance.

We can play well AND they can play badly. It's not mutually exclusive.

Well said. Wolves were awful and not simply because we made them look it. We won't have many matches that easy, so well done us for making the most of it, controlling the match and deservedly winning easily. The scoreline didn't flatter us at all. We could have had more than three.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bruno Lage post-match:

"We didn't come to play. We came to watch Brighton play."

Well, that's quite understandable...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Graham Potter:

"The overall performance was very impressive. To score three away from home, especially at Wolves, is fantastic."

"The personality of the players and team, everything about the performance I liked."

"We have had some good away days this year. That was up there."

"The second half display was up another level I think from the first. The boys looked hungry to score and enthusiastic to get forward."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here