[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It's all a cunning plan from Potter

baldrick-cunning-plan-gif.gif.9e92103275b4b19f538fb623ee41a72f.gif.086edddfc4d6fa24c8f76347af7dd.gif

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Nullified one of the form teams in the division. Think we can be pretty happy with that showing so far. Bissouma breaking up play nicely. I'd say the vast majority of us would have taken 0-0 at half time. Plenty of negativity around despite this however from those who expect us to run circle around every other side.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Webster is not "playing like a clown" as much as "not good enough yet".

As for Duffy, don't you stop to think WHY last season's player of the year is being overlooked? Honestly, I think Potter sees that Webster has a rick in him every single game, but unfortunately believes he has no choice but to play him!

Webster is not good enough (neither is the head coach).

However, do you have proof that Duffy is being left out because he was out drinking last night? I would imagine you haven’t and find your jumping to conclusions very strange!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cheeky 10 goal & 3 point lead over relegation trapdoor sitters ‘Muff.

I’d be more than happy with a draw.

Classic Potterball.

Almost 60% possession away from home with perhaps one shot from Pröpper straight into the keeper’s waiting arms!

And Ryan has had to save what? I thought the onus was on the home team. Tough crowd ( not directed at you, just an observation on the posts I’ve read)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I cannot understand what Montoya is still doing in the team.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
hopefully MAC can have a bit of time in 2nd half and we can see if he is the chosen one , pray

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Very satisfied so far.

+ Defensively great all over pitch despite a lot of questionable Webster-stuff
+ Great shape and we're finding some space on the wings
+ Bissouma-Pröpper is probably the way to go for the rest of the season

- Service to strikers are awful. March, Burn, Trossard and Montoya are all shit poor crossers.
- It is difficult to see where a goal would come from
- Despite the good performance its obvious they have superior players and lots of match winners

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Potter dropped a bollock as soon as he broke up one of the best defensive partnerships in the PL, and now it's gone too far to fix it. That's on Potter not Duffy.
Gone too far? What the f**k are you talking about? How exactly? Duffy has played alongside Dunk in the past MONTH.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
**** me, just popped onto this thread to say we are doing quite well, only to see you all think we are shit :shrug:

We are doing 'quite well'. Bissouma having a great game, and we seem to be fighting for the ball pretty well, and looking after each other when we lose it. Trouble is, we just don't look threatening when we do have the ball. Whereas Wolves look as though they could score if they could be bothered to do so!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That was ok, can't complain at not losing at half time away at wolves.

If Wolves continue to play in neutral and first gear we have half a chance of getting something out of the game. If they step it up and toy with second we'll almost definitely be in trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports