Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Windows 10

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days ago and it was surprisingly easy and trouble-free – taking about 90 minutes from start to finish. Although I've not tried all the new features, I have already decided to abandon Edge, Microsoft's much-vaunted new browser, Firstly, because it completely screws up any attempt to import bookmarks/favourites from Chrome, destroying the original, carefully constructed layout as well as all those highly distinctive individual bookmark icons.

And secondly, because Edge is apparently incapable of working with Adblock – meaning every website now takes far longer to load with all its useless advertising junk and pop-ups.

This is really disappointing because all the hype was suggesting that Microsoft have learnt their lesson in ditching the hopelessly inefficient Internet Explorer series in favour of the shiny new dawn that is Edge.

Anyone else encountered similar problems?

In my admittedly brief foray into Windows 10 before ditching it, I did try Edge (I didn't mean to). Missus wanted me to open a pdf file she had been sent a link to, which Edge duly did (as the default "app" :facepalm:) and then singularly failed to send it to the printer. Had to close that POS and try the proper pdf app (The Reader?), which worked fine.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Edge is fine for a first attempt.
It is seriously quick at times, slower at others.
But MS will constantly improve it so I can only see it getting better and better.
Windows 10 itself is way better than Windows 7 in virtually every respect.
There's no going back.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have upgraded my lappy to W10 and its great

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I tried Edge for all of about 5 minutes before reverting to Chrome, but that is my only issue (insofar as it is one) with Windows 10 so far.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I had a few issues when I upgraded. First of all it seemed to uninstall all of my network drivers, had to fish out the CD that came with the motherboard, reinstalled these and the network was back up and running. Had a similar issue with the onboard sound.

The only issue I have now is that my FirePass that allows me to remote into my work PC doesn't work, it has trouble initialising a local tunnel service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here