Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon 2017

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Murray and Konta on today in fourth round matches aiming to be the first British man and woman to be in the QFs since the 70s.

:clap2: Well done Jo. Great to see our local, Sydney-born Hungarian, doing so well. Huzzah!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just like Mo Farrah Will Greenwood Kevin Pietersen etc I guess being British has been somewhat watered down.

I was only joking, really. I wouldn't include Konta or especially Mo Farah in a list with Pietersen at all. they both moved to the UK as children (Farah was only 8) and developed their talents here - their sporting achievements ARE something deserving of our national pride.

Pietersen was a professional cricketer who came here for better sporting / financial opportunities. 'England' was nothing but a flag of convenience for him, IMO.

(Greenwood was born in Preston :shrug: )

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Murray reaches the QF stage at Wimbledon, for the TENTH straight year.

Impressive stuff :bowdown:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Rafael Nadal in trouble against Gilles Muller again (look up Wimbledon 2005), 2 sets down and not looking like a comback. That would be good news for Murray who is scheduled to face Nadal in the semi-final.

Over in the ladies, oddly nobody has mentioned that world number 1 and top seed Angelique Kerber was beaten by sexy Garbine Muguruza, last years French Open winner. Wozniacki is also out. It's so open for the ladies, as ever. Jelena Ostapenko is such a danger, but there are genuinely 4/5 women with a strong chance of winning it. Such a good Open this year, very open and competitive.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Over in the ladies, oddly nobody has mentioned that world number 1 and top seed Angelique Kerber was beaten by sexy Garbine Muguruza, last years French Open winner.

#Aftertiming, obviously, but I declared Murguruza the winner after her third round win. Went to lace a bet, but not tempted by the 8/1 on offer. Should have taken it.

Wozniacki is also out. It's so open for the ladies, as ever.

By 'as ever', I guess you mean 'because Serena Williams is missing'?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Murray will not win this year. As soon as he plays Federer or Djokovic he will go out. Just not 100% fit and both of those guys appear to be on the money right now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Murray will not win this year. As soon as he plays Federer or Djokovic he will go out. Just not 100% fit and both of those guys appear to be on the money right now.
He can't play either of those until the final, should he and one of them make it.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was only joking, really. I wouldn't include Konta or especially Mo Farah in a list with Pietersen at all. they both moved to the UK as children (Farah was only 8) and developed their talents here - their sporting achievements ARE something deserving of our national pride.

Pietersen was a professional cricketer who came here for better sporting / financial opportunities. 'England' was nothing but a flag of convenience for him, IMO.

(Greenwood was born in Preston :shrug: )

It was Blackburn and I selected the wrong player from that era who in fact was South African born Mike Catt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Muller putting in a good shift 6-6 final set

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What a match, now 10-10 in the final set.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here