Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon 2017

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Murray to serve for the match - hopefully he hurries up and serves this out, The Crystal Maze starts in 5 mins.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fantastic service game from Murray to finish it off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gutsy performance from Murray he was certainly in a battle for a while

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Excellent come back..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Glad Konta and Murray are both through safely - if the Lions lose to the All Blacks tomorrow then at least there's always the tennis to give us hope.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Massive brilliant result for Clarke & Willis knocking the holders out of the men's doubles in 5 sets, its what the red button was made for when BBC have Federer yawn on. Best match of the tournament to date

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm torn between Wimbledon and the Tour de France.

Best match I've seen so far is the Murray v Fognini and I'm really enjoying some of the women's games.

It's one sport that the women's game is watchable.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm torn between Wimbledon and the Tour de France.

Best match I've seen so far is the Murray v Fognini and I'm really enjoying some of the women's games.

It's one sport that the women's game is watchable.

Womens cricket at international level is increasingly watchable - especially England. I struggle a little with womens football, it just seems so slow after watching the c'ship and the EPL, but it's coming on. There have been some terrific womens matches at Wimbles this year, though, I agree.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Murray and Konta on today in fourth round matches aiming to be the first British man and woman to be in the QFs since the 70s.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't think I've ever heard an ex-pro woman co-commentate on a televised men's Wimbledon match in the way that ex-pro men regularly co-commentate on women's matches. I could be wrong, but it seems that some things will never be deemed acceptable, even in 2017.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well done Jo - lets hope Murray can get through too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I had to stick with the Konta match - shame they were both on at the same time though we've still got the business end to watch.
Understandable - I was switching between the two.

Very up-and-down first set for Murray, breaks of serve all over the place, but a very one-sided tiebreak.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Understandable - I was switching between the two.

Very up-and-down first set for Murray, breaks of serve all over the place, but a very one-sided tiebreak.

Murray's looking ok but there's a long way to go.

Great afternoon of tennis - let's hope it's a double in the quarters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here