Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So many citing reasons on the pitch for renewal / non renewal...! Not trying to sound like a super fan but that doesn't affect my decision one bit! Stick by the team and the club ffs... At withdean if those who went regularly / had ST there had this attitude there would have been nobody there most years! Obviously the growth in support has attracted a certain air of snobbery amongst some 'fans'...

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So many citing reasons on the pitch for renewal / non renewal...! Not trying to sound like a super fan but that doesn't affect my decision one bit! Stick by the team and the club ffs... At withdean if those who went regularly / had ST there had this attitude there would have been nobody there most years! Obviously the growth in support has attracted a certain air of snobbery amongst some 'fans'...

self appointed Super Fan

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Heard this weekend that my brother in law will not be renewing as he is looking to retire and probably go off for long periods ese around Europe, and also with Tony Langridge who sat the other side of me sadly not around anymore, I will have a new person either side.

So I will see how it goes next season, but my golf subscription goes up in April 2016 to around £1k so I will give up the ST and pick and chose the games to watch as I much prefer golf these days as I can't really justify golf and football costs.

Blaming a hundred? quid price increase for golf that doesn't even come in for 13 THIRTEEN months. Ludicrous

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No. I've been a season ticket holder since the first season at Falmer (wasn't one at Withdean), but this will be my last (for now). The reasons are split between the matchday experience, and ennui with pro football more generally.

Between the Premier League TV deal, paying the 'living wage', Ched Evans, Sky Sports, Sepp Blatter, Qatar 2022, FFP reticence, and the FA I'm just not sure I'm in love with the game in the same way as I used to be. And the fact that I can spend a small fraction of the price to watch a more local team, on a terrace, with a beer in hand, makes the lower league experience all the more preferable.

The Albion are by no means the worst example of what's wrong with modern football, but the matchday experience has been ruined by the people I have been placed near in these last four years. In the first two years of being in the North Stand I was in front of a vile and overweight racist, who shouted the sorts of things that made you wince. Last season I moved to the NW corner but this time was adjacent to a smelly old man who told me off for celebrating too hard. I moved again to elsewhere in the NW corner but am now next to the sort of vicious ******** with entitled and moronic children that I imagine even his mother hates. In my experience the vast majority of Albion fans are perfectly nice, and probably even more so than your average football fan, but I'm not prepared to pay hundreds of pounds a year to spend my free time in the company of people I would typically cross the road to avoid.

I imagine I'll continue to go to away games at the nicer grounds, and the occasional home game when the timing suits.

Why keep moving around the cheap seats? Try a year in WSL centre, no children, a better view & more intelligent abuse of the officials

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I will renew my ST although I must confess for the first time since I had my first season ticket (1979) I considered not renewing.

The football under Hypia was so tediously insipid that it was unbearable to watch. I don't mind fighting a relegation scrap and have seen many a relegation with the Albion, however, what I was finding painful was the football on offer and complete sh!t tactics. Coupled with having a 100 mile round trip every game I was wavering. However, with Son in toe I have slapped myself around the face and told myself to grow up and renew.

The Albion has been part of my life 35 years and long may it continue. There will always be ups and downs watching your team and you have to take the rough with the smooth. My son who is 11 has only ever seen the Albion on the up, until this season so I have tried to educate him that we are not a Chelsea and will win 500 trophies in 6 seasons, but we have to work at it and enjoy the good times.

So off to renew for another season of purgatory.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me, I have no complaints over Barber's tenure, especially since the nettte was firmly grasped over Burke's failure and the recognition from Bloom that costly squad investment is very much needed to compete. The price of programmes, teas, cup tickets, etc, would be pushed as high as possible under any sound Board or Chief Executive - the money is needed for transfer fees, player wages and the sheer cost of running a vast modern stadium. IMO, blaming Barber is blaming the messenger.

The doubts I have about renewing stem from:

The whole hassle of getting to/from the stadium, the queues, the jogging to a stampede to get a decent bus time, having to plan and book well ahead if you want to use Seagulls Travel. All that has made it a much more protracted exercise than the old drive near-ish then walk.

Sitting out in the cold in evening games - being a wimp with constant cold bugs passed on from my kids, I've missed countless games due to man-flu or man-colds.

The uninspiring lack of home team goals football, of the Amex era, although I have faith in Hughton finally turning that around.

My son jacked in going to games half way through the first Amex season, making the trip far less social for me.

I will be weighing it up over the next two weeks.
I'm curious to know how many away games you go to, after citing transport as a hassle.

Taking into account 20,000+ (occasionally 30,000) people all wanting to do the same thing at the same time, I think transport to and from the stadium is nothing short of miraculous.

Sure we all have the occasional horror story, I've had a good moan on here at The Bridge CP.
But all things considered transport is the least of my worries.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
We have some seriously FICKLE fans. One poor season and they are all bailing! They should be ashamed of themselves....

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here's a test. Tomorrow night stay at home, listen in on the BBC. When the montage music starts close your eyes. Then when GOSBTS gets going and there are no tears and you seriously do not miss being there, then it's time to leave. I had to do it once on holiday. Tears everywhere.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
This year is easy - yes - the last two, I have had more problems with. I can honestly say I would NOT have renewed if B&HAFC got to the 'greed league' or the 'promised land'. Delete as appropriate.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blaming a hundred? quid price increase for golf that doesn't even come in for 13 THIRTEEN months. Ludicrous

No, losing two people that I have been to football with for years. Or didn't you read my first bit?

Saving £500 to put towards my golf membership...or didn't you work that one out either.

What a ludicrous post of yours...but do carry on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We have some seriously FICKLE fans. One poor season and they are all bailing! They should be ashamed of themselves....

No you are right...I am really fickle after 41 years.

Actually I will bite.......in your world, do you associate being a loyal fan with being a season ticket holder?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Here's a test. Tomorrow night stay at home, listen in on the BBC. When the montage music starts close your eyes. Then when GOSBTS gets going and there are no tears and you seriously do not miss being there, then it's time to leave. I had to do it once on holiday. Tears everywhere.
Pussy

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You missed a game through being on holiday - and you were in TEARS, Seriously ??

Have a word with yourself.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For me, I have no complaints over Barber's tenure, especially since the nettte was firmly grasped over Burke's failure and the recognition from Bloom that costly squad investment is very much needed to compete. The price of programmes, teas, cup tickets, etc, would be pushed as high as possible under any sound Board or Chief Executive - the money is needed for transfer fees, player wages and the sheer cost of running a vast modern stadium. IMO, blaming Barber is blaming the messenger.

The doubts I have about renewing stem from:

The whole hassle of getting to/from the stadium, the queues, the jogging to a stampede to get a decent bus time, having to plan and book well ahead if you want to use Seagulls Travel. All that has made it a much more protracted exercise than the old drive near-ish then walk.

Sitting out in the cold in evening games - being a wimp with constant cold bugs passed on from my kids, I've missed countless games due to man-flu or man-colds.

The uninspiring lack of home team goals football, of the Amex era, although I have faith in Hughton finally turning that around.

My son jacked in going to games half way through the first Amex season, making the trip far less social for me.

I will be weighing it up over the next two weeks.

Might the problem be that you became a little spoilt during the Withdean years as, presumably, you were able to walk to the ground. I have been going for nearly 40 years and transport to the Goldstone wasn't great as we used to have to queue at the traffic lights at Pyecombe, queue at the traffic lights at Patcham and then the same on the way home. Used to have to park in Goldstone Crescent when the crowds were in the high 20,000s past the junction with Woodlands Drive. Now, we use the Mill Rd P&R and normally queue for the first lot of buses to get back but we still normally are home early than we were 30 years ago!

Each to their own though.

Jan 30, 2008
No you are right...I am really fickle after 41 years.

Actually I will bite.......in your world, do you associate being a loyal fan with being a season ticket holder?
He's a toby , like you I've got another interest outside of football , some people haven't, makes you wonder how they cope after the last game of the season:lolol:
regards
DR

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here