Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well it does a bit. We were a long time in wilderness years, we were losing many, many fans in the last 5 or 6 years at the Goldstone, Withdean was limited in capacity, and in interest for many. We got the Amex, there was a fantastic response from our long standing fans, and an even more amazing response from many thousands who clearly weren't active followers of the Albion previously. They saw the glory of the new stadium, they saw 2 seasons in the playoffs, the 'promise' of EPL football (Premier League Ready), that kept many of them coming, but now that (one) ambition bubble has been so impressively burst it no real surprise that some will go back to their Sky Sports and back to armchair supporting whatever team they want. It's a fickle thing football, look how the mighty have fallen (Leeds, Wednesday et al) , we have not been mighty (yet) so the fall isn't a surprise really, the club needs to regroup and rethink, we'll probably see lower crowds next season (tickets sold), but if they dish something up on the pitch worthwhile, those crowds may grow as the season develops.

Spot on. I'm one of these JCLs, having lived in Brighton since 2002, avoided the Withdean, and the Amex's arrival coinciding with my son reaching five. We shared a season ticket in 2012/13, but ended up buying tickets for those non-allotted games towards the end of the season (we saw Ulloa's hat-trick, and us thump six past Blackpool, for instance), followed by two full season tickets. I asked the boy if the season had disheartened him so much that I shouldn't renew his ticket (he did go six months without seeing a home win, because he doesn't go on Tuesday evenings), and his response was "you've got to support your local team".

I've explained that football is a good illustration of life: it doesn't always go well. I think it's @BBasic that's got a tag-line quotation from Adorno, that says "football implies the desire to suffer". It also implies hope.
Not only does he like watching the football, and seeing Kazenga play, he also likes the banter we have in WSU.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I've explained that football is a good illustration of life: it doesn't always go well. I think it's @BBasic that's got a tag-line quotation from Adorno, that says "football implies the desire to suffer". It also implies hope.
Not only does he like watching the football, and seeing Kazenga play, he also likes the banter we have in WSU.

Couldn't put it better. The beauty of following the Albion is the mix of despair, hope, unrequited love, love repaid, ecstasy - just as in life we have our desires and then reality trips them up, just like a misplaced Stockdale clearance.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Unfortunately i'm unable to renew our 2 ST as we are expecting again so not only will I miss footy, i will not be getting any goody goody. I will become a :tosser:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
One very mediocre season will not stop me renewing my two season tickets even though recently I have only needed one as my son has found better things to do to my utter bemusement.
But when I think about it I get it.
It's all these bloody loan deals. The young kids get excited and get let down constantly as their new favourite players come and go on a, sometimes, monthly basis. As a dad it's my job to 'big up' the likes of Obika, Lita and Best only to make excuses when they turn out to be complete poop.
The Albion has got me, I'm done and I wouldn't be able to extricate from it if I tried. It's the next generation I'm worried about, they are the ones that need to be secured for the long term. They have a big and beautiful stadium with nice comfy seats, mascots, fanzone, food aplenty and a superstore stocked with as much kit as they could dream of.
All that is irrelevant if there is no consistency with the personnel on the pitch.
We all know how long our kids attention spans are and how fickle they can be and they need a bit of time to build some sort of attachment to the guys that make it all happen, they don't want to have to replace the posters on the walls of our star players two or three times a season. If I was his age would my blutack be used on Teixeira or Hazard. Hazard would still be on the wall next year.

This is my worry for season ticket sales next year....and I am quite keen for my son's seat not to be empty every game.

Jan 30, 2008
One very mediocre season will not stop me renewing my two season tickets even though recently I have only needed one as my son has found better things to do to my utter bemusement.
But when I think about it I get it.
It's all these bloody loan deals. The young kids get excited and get let down constantly as their new favourite players come and go on a, sometimes, monthly basis. As a dad it's my job to 'big up' the likes of Obika, Lita and Best only to make excuses when they turn out to be complete poop.
The Albion has got me, I'm done and I wouldn't be able to extricate from it if I tried. It's the next generation I'm worried about, they are the ones that need to be secured for the long term. They have a big and beautiful stadium with nice comfy seats, mascots, fanzone, food aplenty and a superstore stocked with as much kit as they could dream of.
All that is irrelevant if there is no consistency with the personnel on the pitch.
We all know how long our kids attention spans are and how fickle they can be and they need a bit of time to build some sort of attachment to the guys that make it all happen, they don't want to have to replace the posters on the walls of our star players two or three times a season. If I was his age would my blutack be used on Teixeira or Hazard. Hazard would still be on the wall next year.

This is my worry for season ticket sales next year....and I am quite keen for my son's seat not to be empty every game.

you can have all the gimmicks in the world , if the product on the pitch isn't there most sensible people will way up their options , AS I'VE SAID BEFORE PEOPLE HAVE OTHER INTERESTS IN LIFE NOT JUST FOOTBALL
regards
DR

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spot on. I'm one of these JCLs, having lived in Brighton since 2002, avoided the Withdean, and the Amex's arrival coinciding with my son reaching five. We shared a season ticket in 2012/13, but ended up buying tickets for those non-allotted games towards the end of the season (we saw Ulloa's hat-trick, and us thump six past Blackpool, for instance), followed by two full season tickets. I asked the boy if the season had disheartened him so much that I shouldn't renew his ticket (he did go six months without seeing a home win, because he doesn't go on Tuesday evenings), and his response was "you've got to support your local team".

Same for me broadly. Renewed without thinking about it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you're wrong. His profile suggests he lives near Withdean so he had a stroll the game, watched the match and a stroll home all in two hours. I still can't believe that getting to the Amex has doubled that time and even if it has, there is certainly a lot more going on at the Amex than there ever was at the Withdean!

Drew. Your analysis of me is spot on, I live very close to Withdean Stadium!

I'm not giving up solely because the time out for games is now 3.5 / 4 hours, compared to 2 before. I've done the Amex now for 4 seasons. As explained, my young son lost all interest once the time out for games doubled with the Amex move, and he can't stand bus/coach journeys ... the travel sickness feeling etc. You can't force someone, and he now prefers playing football, meeting mates, skateboarding, home life and computers.

For me, that means going on my own. I sit next to some good people at the games, but the journeys are a bore, without company. Add the mad scramble to get the park'n'rides home, or having to plan ahead for Seagulls Travel coaches. It's just made it more hassle than the old drive or walk up to the Goldstone or Withdean. I won't watch more PL on SkySports to make up for it. Just frees up more time with my family or on many other interests.

All personal views.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Cancelled mine yesterday.

Will pick and choose games next season.

Got some personal bits i need to spend my Saturday afternoons on now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cancelled mine yesterday.

Will pick and choose games next season.

Got some personal bits i need to spend my Saturday afternoons on now.
Why would that effect the one time slot the Albion don't seem to play?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
90% renewals :lolol:

Where's this 64% NSC were using as a statement of fact a couple of months ago.

Once again NSC has spoken and once again it bares very little similarity with the vast majority of the fan base.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Once again NSC has spoken and once again it bares very little similarity with the vast majority of the fan base.

Poll was started 16th feb.....A lot changes in six weeks and if 3/4s of undecided have renewed thats 80%. if you reckon the 90% quoted is a bit like quoted crowd figures..I reckon NSC ers about right.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Once again NSC Brains Trust has spoken and once again it bares very little similarity with the vast majority of the fan base.

Corrected for you......

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Poll was started 16th feb.....A lot changes in six weeks and if 3/4s of undecided have renewed thats 80%. if you reckon the 90% quoted is a bit like quoted crowd figures..I reckon NSC ers about right.
The crowd figures only ever reflect tickets SOLD. If Barber says 90% season ticket renewals then that's based on the same criteria.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Poll was started 16th feb.....A lot changes in six weeks and if 3/4s of undecided have renewed thats 80% if you reckon the 90% quoted is a bit like quoted crowd figures..I reckon NSC ers about right.
That's not the point.

There's plenty here quoting this poll as fact going forward, putting all the undecided into the no camp and citing NSC a the voice of all fans.

I do agree the 90% has more than a whiff of politiciking to it, but no amount of massaging is getting 64% up to 90%.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
That's not the point.

There's plenty here quoting this poll as fact going forward, putting all the undecided into the no camp and citing NSC a the voice of all fans.

I do agree the 90% has more than a whiff of politiciking to it, but no amount of massaging is getting 64% up to 90%.

I was undecided have now renewed...that`s a one percent swing to the yes camp...600 voters my three tickets 0.5% off undecided and onto Yes. I`d bet that 80% of NSC ers have renewed their season tickets.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
That's not the point.

Of my 41 mates in WSL that are renewing I know of only 1 that visits NSC
A biased sample : you should know better with your name

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Where do you get that from?,...almost all two reductions I saw, said that approx 10-20% reduction ....its at the low end of that it seems, that's a good thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here