Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Welbeck be tired after he comes back from the World Cup ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And so it continues.
Why has this Palace poster not been banned? On the Palace board you cannot even start a thread until you have so many posts and it has been ‘verified’ that you are not a troll. What is the point of having moderators on this board?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
He’s a striker who doesn’t score. Do the maths. Give Undav a chance if needs be. Don’t need to spend £50 million. Maupay although frustrating still scored goals.

Ps. I notice a post on solly March not being what somebody expects. I think he does well. I hope the OP on that got a warning from bozza ?! Or like football grounds these days does this forum need to be so grey ?
Strikers need to score….

Supporters need to support!

Posting what you did in the way you did is unnecessary and pointless.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Why has this Palace poster not been banned? On the Palace board you cannot even start a thread until you have so many posts and it has been ‘verified’ that you are not a troll. What is the point of having moderators on this board?
Encouraging a ban is pathetic snitch behaviour.

I point out he doesn’t score any goals. Is that wrong ?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Encouraging a ban is pathetic snitch behaviour.

I point out he doesn’t score any goals. Is that wrong ?
If you were a Brighton fan then discussing the lack of goals would be a valid criticism. However it is painfully obvious to most of us that you are just a sad, little, Palace troll. No one sensible is bothering to debate the merits of anything you bleat, we are all mainly just wondering how trolls like yourself can be stopped without impacting the freedom of speech for our own fans who genuinely support the club and yet allow their frustrations to boil over into daft, dramatic doom-mongering when we fail to beat #teamslikeforest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It may look black and white to you, but it's far from it, as very well described here...
we are all mainly just wondering how trolls like yourself can be stopped without impacting the freedom of speech for our own fans who genuinely support the club and yet allow their frustrations to boil over into daft, dramatic doom-mongering when we fail to beat #teamslikeforest.
(thanks @ConfusedGloryHunter)

...there's a whole world of grey in between. There are a lot of long-term NSCers who I know to be Brighton fans who post in somewhat reactionary ways, often after a defeat or a poor run of results. Should we ban them too?

Is the poster in question trolling/taking the piss? Almost certainly so, yes. But not certainly so.

We don't run a messageboard to stop people posting just as quickly as we can. I like to give the benefit of the doubt - I'm lenient. In many cases, probably too lenient. What you can't see are the warnings that have been issued to other NSCers for past posts. Warnings ultimately become bans of increasing length.

What you also can't see is the detective work I often undertake to try and identify if someone is being intentionally nefarious. I'd rather not spend my time doing that, but I do.

What you also can't see is the mods WhatsApp group where we kick this stuff around, on a case by case basis, an awful lot trying to come up with the best way to keep this place harmonious.

I'll add three more things...

1. Please don't assume because a post is here it's been viewed by a moderator and permitted. Yesterday NSC had 1,547 new posts made - there's a reasonable chance some won't have been viewed by any moderators at all, particularly on a match day.

2. ...so, please report any posts where you feel it is merited. Help us help you, and the site. This new platform makes it very obvious very quickly when posts have been reported.

3. Don't assume that if you've reported a post and it remains in place no action has been taken. It often has, and the consequences of that may not be immediate.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
If you were a Brighton fan then discussing the lack of goals would be a valid criticism. However it is painfully obvious to most of us that you are just a sad, little, Palace troll. No one sensible is bothering to debate the merits of anything you bleat, we are all mainly just wondering how trolls like yourself can be stopped without impacting the freedom of speech for our own fans who genuinely support the club and yet allow their frustrations to boil over into daft, dramatic doom-mongering when we fail to beat #teamslikeforest.
This place isn’t a library or board room. It should be a place to have a laugh, discuss things we mutually like and not be so serious. I’m tweaking the nose hairs of the people who said after the first game this season DW would go to the World Cup. Somebody even placed money on it ! I was asking for calm at the time but was shouted down, it seems some people don’t like it up em. Have a laugh we’ll all be dead soon.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
It may look black and white to you, but it's far from it, as very well described here...

(thanks @ConfusedGloryHunter)

...there's a whole world of grey in between. There are a lot of long-term NSCers who I know to be Brighton fans who post in somewhat reactionary ways, often after a defeat or a poor run of results. Should we ban them too?

Is the poster in question trolling/taking the piss? Almost certainly so, yes. But not certainly so.

We don't run a messageboard to stop people posting just as quickly as we can. I like to give the benefit of the doubt - I'm lenient. In many cases, probably too lenient. What you can't see are the warnings that have been issued to other NSCers for past posts. Warnings ultimately become bans of increasing length.

What you also can't see is the detective work I often undertake to try and identify if someone is being intentionally nefarious. I'd rather not spend my time doing that, but I do.

What you also can't see is the mods WhatsApp group where we kick this stuff around, on a case by case basis, an awful lot trying to come up with the best way to keep this place harmonious.

I'll add three more things...

1. Please don't assume because a post is here it's been viewed by a moderator and permitted. Yesterday NSC had 1,547 new posts made - there's a reasonable chance some won't have been viewed by any moderators at all, particularly on a match day.

2. ...so, please report any posts where you feel it is merited. Help us help you, and the site. This new platform makes it very obvious very quickly when posts have been reported.

3. Don't assume that if you've reported a post and it remains in place no action has been taken. It often has, and the consequences of that may not be immediate.
We have a mutual friend from Bristol who says your “alright”, which is high praise indeed in my circles. I would just like to say the difference between trolls and taking the piss is substantial. A troll I believe to be somebody who has intent to harm others with their words, probably causing emotional upset. A piss taker is somebody who takes the piss with no harm intended. I’m a piss taker.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We have a mutual friend from Bristol who says your “alright”, which is high praise indeed in my circles. I would just like to say the difference between trolls and taking the piss is substantial. A troll I believe to be somebody who has intent to harm others with their words, probably causing emotional upset. A piss taker is somebody who takes the piss with no harm intended. I’m a piss taker.
An Albion-supporting piss taker is tolerated in an Albion pub. Probably not forever, and definitely not if they push it too far, especially after a disappointing result, but tolerated.

Whereas a fan of a different club, especially if that club happens to be, say, Palace or Portsmouth, would receive zero tolerance and would be kicked out and banned.

So - I ask you the question: do you support any football club? If so, which one? Obfuscation is likely to be interpreted as meaning 'I'm not an Albion fan'...

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
An Albion-supporting piss taker is tolerated in an Albion pub. Probably not forever, and definitely not if they push it too far, especially after a disappointing result, but tolerated.

Whereas a fan of a different club, especially if that club happens to be, say, Palace or Portsmouth, would receive zero tolerance and would be kicked out and banned.

So - I ask you the question: do you support any football club? If so, which one? Obfuscation is likely to be interpreted as meaning 'I'm not an Albion fan'...
Re read my old posts if you have time. I’m Time served young man.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Re read my old posts if you have time. I’m Time served young man.
Thanks for the non-flippant response.

Skimmed through them.

You're right, there's good evidence from posts you made a while back that you're Albion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...which illustrates a further point on this subject that came to mind whilst I was just out walking the dog.

it's often happened that someone new to the site is called out as being "obviously Palace" based on their first post(s) being slightly negative, sarcastic or containing dry/gallows humour. On a large number of times, it has transpired that the person in question is very much an Albion fan.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Grow a pair.
How about you take your piss & f*** off?

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
...which illustrates a further point on this subject that came to mind whilst I was just out walking the dog.

it's often happened that someone new to the site is called out as being "obviously Palace" based on their first post(s) being slightly negative, sarcastic or containing dry/gallows humour. On a large number of times, it has transpired that the person in question is very much an Albion fan.
We are a broad church the folk of nsc. Slight background on my registration date is that I forgot my previous password and the email was for my old job hence the looking like a “newbie” vibe I may give off.

I can’t post about formations or other sensible football chat as is just not my thing (I may do it at work but very much like this morning we just look at each other shrug our shoulders and groan). But some things do tickle me. DW for the World Cup did just that, and maybe I’ve posted a few to many times about it but I none the less still find it funny.

I also find Sanchez 1 slip up a game frustrating. Yes he does make superb saves and we’re lucky to have him BUT the inevitable slip up is in my head all game much like a song you can’t get out of your head all day.

Hay ho. Come on you super Blues (I believe that’s what you Brighton fans sing).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here