Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Welbeck be tired after he comes back from the World Cup ?

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Cut out the trolling please.
He’s obviously on the the plane to Qatar like many said. His goals per game ratio is superb BUT I fear he’ll be too tired when he gets back. Who could replace him whilst he gets some rest ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He’s obviously on the the plane to Qatar like many said. His goals per game ratio is superb BUT I fear he’ll be too tired when he gets back. Who could replace him whilst he gets some rest ?
Thank goodness the thumbs down are back !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank goodness the thumbs down are back !
Yes, they are (and thoroughly deserved in this case) but I really hope Bozza removes the option. We had them before, and their use could get really spiteful, especially on political threads. NSC became a much kinder place overnight when Bozza removed them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, they are (and thoroughly deserved in this case) but I really hope Bozza removes the option. We had them before, and their use could get really spiteful, especially on political threads. NSC became a much kinder place overnight when Bozza removed them.
I've intentionally not touched any of the default post reactions yet.

It's a tricky one because I do largely agree with your point, but I know from experience that the 🤣 reaction can also be used in a similar way. A poster can make a serious post, and then receive a laughing reaction in response, which will be barbed with sarcasm.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've intentionally not touched any of the default post reactions yet.

It's a tricky one because I do largely agree with your point, but I know from experience that the 🤣 reaction can also be used in a similar way. A poster can make a serious post, and then receive a laughing reaction in response, which will be barbed with sarcasm.
Yes, I hadn't even considered those other ones - I'm just for words really, although in my time on NSC I have learned how to do the odd :) or :lolol: or :shrug:. All that other stuff is fine for the IT ITKs and the youngsters - the latter seem to be able to have whole conversations just using the damned things!
The problem, as you say, is when someone gets dogs abuse with emojis when they post a serious post with an unpopular minority opinion - if people only used thm for offensive or trolling posts it would be fine, but not when they're just a lazy way of disagreeing without the bother of actually taking the trouble to reply.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
It’s like there’s a wall of silence on the subject. Yes I’m being facetious about the situation BUT what do people suggest the club do to rectify the situation ? I post what I say in public and would say to anybodys face, our striker needs to score goals. Maupay used to get slagged off all the time and his record compared to DW is incredible. Just keep your heads in the sand.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It’s like there’s a wall of silence on the subject. Yes I’m being facetious about the situation BUT what do people suggest the club do to rectify the situation ? I post what I say in public and would say to anybodys face, our striker needs to score goals. Maupay used to get slagged off all the time and his record compared to DW is incredible. Just keep your heads in the sand.
Well its quite obvious isn't it ? The club clearly needs to blow £50m+ on a striker, preferably foreign, who may or may not turn out to be any good.

I mean it always works out so well and practically guarantees goals, doesn't it. I can't BELIEVE the recruitment team, TB and PB haven't even considered this. I really think you could be on to something.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
He’s a striker who doesn’t score. Do the maths. Give Undav a chance if needs be. Don’t need to spend £50 million. Maupay although frustrating still scored goals.

Ps. I notice a post on solly March not being what somebody expects. I think he does well. I hope the OP on that got a warning from bozza ?! Or like football grounds these days does this forum need to be so grey ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What’s the TEAM result record comparison when Maupay vs Welbeck is compared ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here