Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be buying anyone in January?

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I can’t believe that everyone seems to be happy with our midfield. The slowest in the premiership and lack of goals coming from that area. We definitely need a creative player in there and a midfielder who can score 7 to 10 goals a season although I think that player could be Alzate if played in that attacking midfield role. This would take the pressure off the front men and we just need a replacement for Glen up top. The other positions can wait until close season. Although I think Gyokeres will come into the reckoning next season as well.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Habib Diallo looks a decent striker. Joint 3rd top scorer in Ligue 1 at the moment with 10 goals.

Ibrahim Sangare would be good defensive midfielder (allowing Alzate to play in a AMC role) but think he'll be too expensive for Brighton. Ibrahima Sissoko is a similar type of player, might be cheaper alternative.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We need a powerful centre mid more than a striker. Teams rip through us in the middle often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

Yet apparently according to a poster on here, you stop Stephens and you stop Brighton?! Utterly bizarre over rating of our weak link.

Commanding centre midfielder needed more than any other position. After that another striker and then ideally a right back upgrade.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Absolutely.

Yet apparently according to a poster on here, you stop Stephens and you stop Brighton?! Utterly bizarre over rating of our weak link.

Commanding centre midfielder needed more than any other position. After that another striker and then ideally a right back upgrade.

Jesus are you still at it?

We need to take the chances that we create and not gift goals to the opposition. It’s our play in both boxes that needs to improve and you’re still banging on about Dale Stephens who has been a stand out player in most of our games.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Jesus are you still at it?

We need to take the chances that we create and not gift goals to the opposition. It’s our play in both boxes that needs to improve and you’re still banging on about Dale Stephens who has been a stand out player in most of our games.

That’s just nonsense, he really hasn’t been our stand out player in most of games. He’s not good enough for this team anymore.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That’s just nonsense, he really hasn’t been our stand out player in most of games. He’s not good enough for this team anymore.

I said a stand out player. Don’t know what you’ve been watching if you don’t consider him in the top 5 performers this season so far.

You’re entitled to your opinion but history suggests you are never very objective and certainly not impartial when it comes to Stephens.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
I said a stand out player. Don’t know what you’ve been watching if you don’t consider him in the top 5 performers this season so far.

You’re entitled to your opinion but history suggests you are never very objective and certainly not impartial when it comes to Stephens.

I am very objective but over the past couple of seasons I’ve consistently said Stephens is a weak link because I believe he is. That’s my consistent opinion and I haven’t seen anything over the past 2 seasons to change that opinion. I admit when he plays well like Watford away this season but overall, I think we can do better.

As the pundits have said, we won the game in midfield today and I fully believe we are stronger with a midfield 3 of Bissouma, Propper and Mooy as we proved today and at Palace. I don’t believe it’s a coincidence that Bissouma and Propper’s best display’s for us this season and last season have come when Stephen’s is not playing.

He’s been a great servant but he’s playing in the most important position on the pitch in the way we play now and I don’t believe he’s good enough.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I’m pretty sure you are wrong. And I hope you are wrong too. We are effectively down to 2 strikers and that is unacceptable in the Prem.

I agree with this. There were rumours circulating that we were after an additional striker in the last window, but couldn’t get it across the line in time. The fact that we let both Andone *and* Locadia go out on loan suggests to me that we have something already lined up and pretty much in the bag.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I cannot disagree with that but wonder who is available or likely to be? Time for the Football Manager 2019 fans to come out with suggestions.

I’m waiting for your Football Rumours site insights

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We need a powerful centre mid more than a striker. Teams rip through us in the middle often.

No, striker is the clear priority. What happens if Maupay gets injured? What did you think of our midfield today? The answers to those two questions should help you realise that a striker is the top priority.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want mooy for our own
More than Bloom could ever know
Make my wish come true oh
All I want for Christmas is MOOY.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As I've said before I think very little will be coming in. Possibly some kind of attacking player. If we do get a new striker, which I doubt unless Murray leaves, I think it will be a loan player since both Gyökeres and the guy signed from City look interesting. I know Potter tried to sign Gyökeres before Brighton came into the picture and think he could have a future in the club. Was surprised to see him loaned out but that was when Andone and Locadia were still around.

Bong, Balogun and a few others could be heading out though. Will be more about slimming the squad, any major incoming I think will have to wait until the summer unless I.e. City comes hunting for Dunk in January.

That said, Potter always used both transfer windows in Sweden so I wouldn't be surprised to be surprised.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here