Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Villa Allocate us more tickets if they are needed?

So 6000 isnt a bad allocation. Lets face it. had we been at pompey or many other clubs we would have got less, but nevertheless, will 6000 be enough?

I, like most I suspect are a white member and my lad is in gullys gang, so we have to wait until Wednesday?

Does anyone know the number of gold, blues, whites and juniors?

If they do all sell out, would you take an 8 year old in the Villa end, and if so where abouts might you choose to sit?

If they dont sell out, will they go on general sale, as I would like to take a mate with me?

As we all agree, this is not a top fixture for Villa and even with the excellent prices, I personally cant see more than 30k villa attending, so on this reckoning, there is potnetially another 6k that could be allocated to Albion, obv we wont need anything like this amount, but an extra 2k or so would likely sure that EVERYONE who wants to see the game does.

I think cup games like this are a great way to attract new support, and ofc I agree that STH then members should get 1st bite, but lets also hope theres enough left over to appeal to those so called fairweather supporters who might just get hooked (like I did a few years back for the 2nd time) and not miss another game.....

Thoughts?

Oct 25, 2003
I am SHITTING myself come Wednesday

why on earth?

in answer to the inital question- you'd think so. They're never gonna sell 40,000 tickets or whatever, so it'd surely be in their interest to get as much of us through the gates as possible no?

i'd be suprised if we did sell 6,000 tickets though to be honest

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Depends how many season ticket holders get a ticket for themselves, or a 'mate' really.

To me taking 6000 to Villa is unlikely, but at only a £10 a ticket is isnt that unlikely that a fair number of Gold members will take the opportunity to go, so would not leave many tickets for the White members.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Just look at it this way; there are approx 5k gold and blue members. If everyone of these purchased a ticket there would be approx 1k remaining, going on sale Wednesday morning. So if you go to buy a ticket Wednesday morning, you'll be fine

Oct 25, 2003
i wouldn't mind it if after each "round" of ticket buying, they announced how many tickets were remaining

i wouldn't mind that at all

Just look at it this way; there are approx 5k gold and blue members. If everyone of these purchased a ticket there would be approx 1k remaining, going on sale Wednesday morning. So if you go to buy a ticket Wednesday morning, you'll be fine

Top answer....

Actually, if we ge the promised update later regarding how many were sold yesterday (guesses seem to be about 1k) then that might also be a guide to how many will be sold on Wednesday next week.

As long as the website behaves!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
people seem to be assuming 100% of gold and blue members will go-they wont! i wouldnt shit yourself about wednesday i imagine there will be at least 2,000 left over!

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
another factor may be villa's 3rd round game. as i recall, it was at home to blackburn. if this is the case, the 'free' cup game that is thrown in with season tickets may have been used up, so villa fans will have to pay extra to see the albion game. many won't, leaving plenty of room for the stripes.

but i too am nervous about 9am wednesday morning.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd be more nervous if i was one of the 'general public' and not in one of the schemes

99% sure that all gold, blue and white members who want a ticket will get one

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Just got through to the ticket office and the chap said they had sold aprox 1,400 tickets, should be plenty left come Wednesday next week.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would have thought the £10 price says a lot about hard Villa think it will be to sell their tickets, so they would surely have earmarked another section for us if we show we can sell another 2-3k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here