Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be two play-off places up for grabs?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
its not the key, we will lose a few more this season that goes without saying if we lose to a team already guranteed a play off spot, its dont really affect anything and Palace bar a shit run will be in that play off. 2 wins in the next 2 home games is a must , it keeps pressure on the top 6 and more importantly opens a gap to 8th. The big big game for us now is away to Boro.

Nope I stand by what I say, The Palace game is key, if the players turn up and do one on Palace we will drive on from that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nope I stand by what I say, The Palace game is key, if the players turn up and do one on Palace we will drive on from that.

Massive game palace, will probably be the biggest of the season so far when we play it.

For me its not the key though as we could be out the play off race by then.

With 14 games left we are into the run in and every one is key. Starting Saturday

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There are a fair number of games still to go and anybody could have an unexplained bad run. Cardiff may not win another game all season - unlikely, possibly, but you never know. A slight wobble leads to a loss of confidence and who knows. The top six could look very different at the end of the season.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The key is to concetrate on the team above us....if we get that one out the way....nibble away at the team above....ad infinitum......

I think there is realistically one place up for grabs, currently held by Middlesborough. Unless one of the teams above them falls right over, I can't see them getting caught - they've just eeked out a big enough gap

Palace only have to slip up once more than us before we play them, and if we win our game in hand and go them, we will be above them.

There really are still 4 play off places up for grabs and maybe one automatic spot too.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

its big game correct, but bigger for us fans than the players, to them its just another game which they will look to win. key games are teams challenging for 6th place, which is Leicester, Forest, Leeds and Boro.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what pleases me so much at the moment is in the last 2 weeks we have beaten the top 2 , if that doesn't give you confidence to get on a run then nothing will

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
or Martin Hinshelwood? More like a one night stand than a honeymoon!

Hinsh did alright for two games and about 25minutes. A 3-1 away win at Burnley ( sounds familiar ) 0-0 v Cov and holding Norwich at home....and then Mr Zamora got injured.
I think its safe to say that the going got a bit tough ( 10 straight defeats ) but he was managing a very average side and Coppell had a baptism of fire ( 2-4 and 0-5 )

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The key is to concetrate on the team above us....if we get that one out the way....nibble away at the team above....ad infinitum......
As much as what I'm saying is exactly the same, I come at it from the opposite direction.

We've been in this position for too long now, and only ever drop down 2 or 3 places before clawing our way back.

We need to distance ourselves, once and for all, from 8th.
From then on that whole aspect of 'pressure' has been lifted, and we can pick off 6th, 5th even 4th, at will.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we need six points from our next two home games and still we will not be in the play-off group come the beginning of April. But then all the top clubs play each other and we will move into contention.

If we can't beat both Burnley and Huddersfield we are pretenders.

Leeds and Forest are still in with a chance. Blackburn are assumed to be preoccupied by looking towards Wembley?

PS: We need to win every single game to go up automatically.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Games remaining where the current top 6 play each other -

Boro v Cardiff
Palace v Hull
Cardiff v Leicester
Brighton v Palace
Hull v Watford
Brighton v Leicester
Hull v Boro
Watford v Cardiff