Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be two play-off places up for grabs?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think we need six points from our next two home games and still we will not be in the play-off group come the beginning of April. But then all the top clubs play each other and we will move into contention.

If we can't beat both Burnley and Huddersfield we are pretenders.

Leeds and Forest are still in with a chance. Blackburn are assumed to be preoccupied by looking towards Wembley?

PS: We need to win every single game to go up automatically.

Which is why we should look no further than Saturdays game ...it's daft to go further knowing how our season has been to date

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thought u said Leicester were the form team :)

( that home defeat against Charlton summed up what I think about them)

Seen Leicester a couple times recently , struggled to victory home to Wolves and got out of jail with a last min penalty save at home to someone.

Nugent and Wood looked unstopable few weeks back but recently shows they are no better than anyone else. We can beat them over 2 legs !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seen Leicester a couple times recently , struggled to victory home to Wolves and got out of jail with a last min penalty save at home to someone.

Nugent and Wood looked unstopable few weeks back but recently shows they are no better than anyone else. We can beat them over 2 legs !

I agree.....they are a tad reliant on that pair...I just feel the pressure will get to them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The top 9 still have a number of games against each other that will have a big impact on the top positions:

Cardiff:
Boro
Leicester
Watford
Forest
Hull.

They can't screw it up, can they?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd pi$$ myself laugh irrespective where we finished.

I've been goading my Cardiff supporting colleague all season, most of the time half heartedly.

Although I did say (and only later I managed to convince myself it made sense):-

'The moment you are caught by 1 team we will all swamp you'.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Interesting to note we had the same points from 1 game less last season.

Cant see us collapsing like we did last year where we really should of pushed on the last 15 games

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Que? I heard a muttering of this elsewhere, is it even a possibility?

Irregular transfer last season, Watford didn't tell the FA about 3rd party ownership of a player they bought (or something like that anyway). They might face a points deduction at the end of the season, but will probably only be penalised a few points and keep them in the top 6 anyway :lol:

Here it is

Danny Graham: Watford in the dock | The Sun |Sport|Football

Bassini and Watford charged with misconduct From Watford Observer)

Last edited:

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
***football cliche alert***
One game at a time, gents.

We've looked good going into 'easy' games before this season and failed to break down stubborn defences and only got a point. We should start thinking about whether we're in contention for the play offs with five games to go, not so much now.

Six points from the next two games will keep us in sight now but we also have to keep beating the clubs around us (like we've now started doing).

Apologies for being horribly sensible.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Irregular transfer last season, Watford didn't tell the FA about 3rd party ownership of a player they bought (or something like that anyway). They might face a points deduction at the end of the season, but will probably only be penalised a few points and keep them in the top 6 anyway :lol:

Here it is

Danny Graham: Watford in the dock | The Sun |Sport|Football

Bassini and Watford charged with misconduct From Watford Observer)

That report in the current bun on 13th Jan says "The case, which is set to be heard later this month".... So what happened then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here